What do you pay for 19mm oak mdf sheet goods etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac80

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
Just trying to price some stuff up..

Local timber yard gave me some prices for oak veneered mdf 19mm 4' x 8' at (all prices not including vat) of £36 a sheet, both sides with veneer, A & B grades. how does this compare to you guys?
for the 6mm mdf oak veneer it's 28.13 a sheet..
He also priced me 22mm x 50m roll of american white oak iron on edging at £46... :shock: I find it online for about £19 delivered.. what am i missing here?
Also a 50mm x 50m roll is £50.... Both edging veneers are about 0.5mm thick.

I don't but alot of this kinda stuff from them but over the years i have spent thousands on construction grade timber and fencing etc, i also have a trade account with them.

cheers

Sounds a little bit high to me. I pay about £26 ex VAT for 19mm Oak Veneered MDF A/B and about £20.50 for 6mm. Not sure what I last paid for edging.

If it's a builders timber yard that may account for the not-so competitive pricing. They probably don't sell so much of it. Just guessing.

Zeddedhed":fykwgyq9 said:
Sounds a little bit high to me. I pay about £26 ex VAT for 19mm Oak Veneered MDF A/B and about £20.50 for 6mm. Not sure what I last paid for edging.

If it's a builders timber yard that may account for the not-so competitive pricing. They probably don't sell so much of it. Just guessing.

Thanks
It's a Timber merchant,

edit: I called them up and they adjusted the edge banding price.

Latest posts

Back