What do you do with all those scraps of timber?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make up small parcels and put them on ebay, there will be people who this is useful for. You'll not make much money but perhaps it will be more useful than just adding heat to your house. Another idea could be to joint them together for patchwork cutting boards, as family xmas presents.
Last year I made several cutting boards using a lot of unused pieces of wood that I had in my garage.
They were my Christmas gifts.

Attachments

• DSC06209.JPG
    DSC06209.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06208.JPG
    DSC06208.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
These are small projects made out of plywood leftovers.
The one on the left is a finished stand for the mobile phone with a portrait of my smaller granddaughter. The other two are unfinished WIPs.

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Life has rather got in the way of my woodworking in the last few years, and at 75 I'm not sure there is going to be much more in the way of projects worthy of the name. That said, I've accumulated a small stockpile of offcuts that I can't think of an immediate use for, but can't bear to consign to the woodstove. This is mostly very well seasoned Oak, with a few scraps of other hardwoods amongst it. Question is what can I use it for? There's nothing longer than 2ft, nor wider than 6", and nothing greater than 2"-3" in section. Any ideas anyone, please? Not sure I can face cutting it up into door wedges, key fobs, coasters etc. I don't have a lathe anymore, so turned stuff is out.
'Men in Sheds' groups in the UK are always looking for small stock

Heaps of small projects use offcuts but the pile grows faster than I can use it up. Small boxes, Toys and chopping boards have been mentioned. Board games are another one. I was glad of the offcuts pile during the covid lockdowns.
IMG_1607.JPGIMG_1608.JPG
Regards
John

Latest posts

Back