What do think about freud tools?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a rather short and curious question.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything but good things about Freud. Me included, their saw blades are fantastic. Not tried their router bits.

Or are you talking about power tools? I have a Freud Biscuit Jointer and it's ok, not amazing.

Top quality as far as I am concerned. I have the table saw blade, Router, and a few of their router bits and I am impressed. :wink:

there saw blades are great! there biscuit joiner is good, i'm told there routers are good, are they a spanish or italian company?

Sono italiano, ma anche uffici di disegno in Spagna e in Canada

I have the big 1/2" Ft2000 Router, it was great until it got fed up eating pitch pine on a set of 10 foot drive gates, up till then it was fantastic, I'd have another one

It appears the coiled spring that holds the brush to the armature snapped, anyone know where I can get it repaired? local places won't touch it?

Jed

I have a Freud SH-5 router table fence which I don`t think is available in UK, and it is a very well engineered piece, and a couple of 10" table saw blades which are good quality for light/medium work.
Overall I think of the brand as good quality.

I have had their 1/2" router for quite a long time and its done some serious work. Its been repaired once other than that has performed fine.

I would say its not as good as the Dewalt DW625EK as a comparison.

I have an FT2000VCE ½" router set up in my router table and I can't fault it. It was a real bargain when Screwfix had them on sale for £100 almost two years ago! :D

I've used a couple of different saw blades and they're excellent value for money and performance. Their router cutters aren't bad either.

OK I'll buck the trend here (no pun intended) :)

Freud make OK'ish tools etc, but they aren't the best by a long way imho.

If you bought a clone saw table etc and was disappointed by the quality of the cut, changing to a Freud will make a real difference, but that could be said of any decent blade manufacturers blade you replaced it with..

nola":15d89yc7 said:
I have had their 1/2" router for quite a long time and its done some serious work. Its been repaired once other than that has performed fine.

Can I ask where you got it repaired? did you send it back to Freud?

Hi Jed,

When I received my brand-new router there was a fault with the motor. So, I spoke to Freud and they took it in for repair... A couple of weeks later (it was Christmas time!) I had the router returned to me in full working order and at no extra cost to myself! :) :wink:

e-mail address is tech.help @ freudtooling.co.uk (no spaces). You should be able to find other contact details online.

I've got Freud Entry Door and panel cutters, they're ferocious to say the least! !! Can't fault them.

Interesting thing is that there is no "made in china" on this tools.
I wanted to buy router bits and I was very surprised with the quality
of bits. And price was ok so it looked as some sort of shady bisniss.

jedmc571":2q8hfcid said:
nola":2q8hfcid said:

Can I ask where you got it repaired? did you send it back to Freud?

It was repaired by a local tool/machinery woodworking shop. Unfortunately they are no more. Sad, had the potential to be great but the owner passed away and it went. :(

I have used their router and bits a long time now and they are cheaper than most esp.during wood shows...they will beat their competitor by a mile...

I emailed Freud 3 days ago, and still havn't heard anything?

Frustrates me things like that :x

I have one of their blades on my Wadkin AGS and it's been great for a few years now, though it only sees hobbyist use.

However I think rather less of their power tools, see my post on this thread.

Cheers,

Neil

Not impressed by the power tools. We have a couple of FT2000s in the workshop which are crude, noisy and unreliable against the deWalt DW625s the site guys all have. Same goes for the biscuit jointers, jigsaws and circular saws we've tried. They seem OK as consumer items but they don't have the reliability or backup you need fot trade use. I'm told that a lot of the tools are made in Spain by Casals

Back