Westonbirt 2008.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philly wrote
maybe we could arrange a UK Workshop meeting point??
Cheers

Philly.
Wasn't there talk about having a UKW stand their this year.
If not then a meeting point will be a good idea.
Though with it been spread over the week i suppose members will be going at differing days.
Even the kids have said they don't mind going again :shock:
Paul.J.

Paul.J":1z0vjlqb said:
Philly wrote
maybe we could arrange a UK Workshop meeting point??
Cheers

Philly.
Wasn't there talk about having a UKW stand their this year.
If not then a meeting point will be a good idea.
Though with it been spread over the week i suppose members will be going at differing days.
Even the kids have said they don't mind going again :shock:
Paul.J.

Philly":1z0vjlqb said:
Really looking forward to that - maybe we could arrange a UK Workshop meeting point??
Cheers
Philly :D

I second that!!

I was saying on an earlier thread that maybe the forum needs to start having a voice in the Wider World of Wood. The talent skills and experience displayed on here far outweighs the things I see from lubs at these shows

Pete

Well how about round the Philly Planes spot?

Where are you Phil in the CHT tent?

Chas
Yes, I'll be having a bench in the Classic Hand Tools tent - you're all very welcome to use that. We could even knock up some UKW banners??
Cheers

Philly wrote
Yes, I'll be having a bench in the Classic Hand Tools tent - you're all very welcome to use that. We could even knock up some UKW banners??
Philly that is very kind of you,but your stand is their to promote your business.Unless you can combine the two.
Will you be their all week :?:
Perhaps this thread should be moved over to general.
Paul.J.

Paul
I'll be there for four days (I believe) Its a bit early in the year for things to be set in stone, but that's the plan :lol:
And I'm more than happy to have you lot use me as a meeting point.

put that date on calander over xmas :D
gonna try get to cheltenham college thingy the week before to

Philly wrote
And I'm more than happy to have you lot use me as a meeting point.
O.K then Philly that will be great. :D
Just thought that there was going to be a stand for the UKW.
Paul.J.

Paul,

the main event is still only going for four days as far as I know. After the success of last year I believe more people are going for stands this year. Should make it a good one.

I'll be there for all/part of it. Would be great to meet some more people from the forum.

Dave

Davejester wrote
I'll be there for all/part of it. Would be great to meet some more people from the forum.
Will you be doing any stewarding this year Dave :?:
Paul.J.

Ken wrote
Before I book tickets and camping in the area is there a particular day that forum members tend to go.
I don't think there is a particular day Ken.Just those who turn up this year,each day,can now meet at Phillys stand at a given time i presume.

Paul.J.

I emailed the Westonbirt people today and pointed out that there is nothing on their site to say which days are the 4 "Exhibit tree" days, they tell me they are the last four days and they will get the page amended.
I assume one of these four will be of more interest to turners.
Ken

Paul, yes, I'm sure I will be doing some stewarding. Not sure which day(s) though. Would be good to meet up again though.

Ken, all the days are good for woodturners. Last year there were a large number of turners. There are plenty of stalls for picking up goodies as well.

Dave

Davejester wrote
Would be good to meet up again though.
Yes Dave it will be good to meet again.Lets hope we see a few more faces this year.

Paul.J.

Ken wrote
I assume one of these four will be of more interest to turners.
Ken there was plenty of turning demos going on,throughout the 4 days i belive,but loads of other thing too to keep the interest their.
here are some piccys to wet your appetite from last year.
Click on the links on the page.
Paul.J.

Hi Paul
Thanks for the pictures it was obviously a good event and luck with the weather. I will stay in the area for several days with our motor caravan
and have the option of going more than one day it would be good if nearer the time we could organize some form of list to see who is going and when but I don't know if that is feasable.
Ken

Hello Everybody

Westonbirt's "Exhibitree" is part of the 7 day "Festival of The Tree" of which the only thing that runs for the full 7 days is "Sculptree" i.e the large chain saw sculptures.

Exhibitree is 22-25th August inclusive and Classic Hand Tools are busy working on their marquee for their 2008 effort. There is a great deal to see and even if you only visit the arboretum it will be worth the day out.

Those of you thinking of camping/caravanning I 'd like to save you some stress. It is quite a task to find places close to Tetbury - I have stayed at this place 3 times in the past http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/wi ... adilly.htm
and whilst it is a 1/2 hour + run into Westonbirt - it was the best we could find and has the advantage of good pubs and food in the historic village, which is a 10 minute trundle away. If you want to book up I'd do it now as they are always busy that particular weekend. There are closer ones but some are quite ropey. Accommodation in and around Westonbirt is expensive.

Westonbirt 2008 - Philly has accepted our invitation to join us as has David Charlesworth (one day), Chairmaker James Mursell, John Lloyd, Rob Cosman, Martin Kellermaier (bow maker) Woodcarvers Chris Pye & Peter Berry, Woodturner Mark Hancock, Robery Sorby, Mick Hudson from Clifton, Nick Gibbs from British Woodworking.
New for 2008 (apart from Philly) are The Austrian Woodcarving School, planemaker Bill Carter (one day only), Guitarmaker Nick Blishen, Woodcarver Dave Bennett & Steve Westbury (shingle maker). Our marquee is a demonstration led affair. I am awaiting responses from several other people who will add value and interest to woodworkers. Further info will be posted here and on our web site in due course.
We will have a masterclasses running on all 4 days.
Westonbirt 2007 - The only complaint we had last year was that people wished they had come for more than one day. Betty Norbury will be doing her exhibition up the road at Cheltenham so you can find two reasons to travel to the Cotswolds that week!
Finally, The forum is officially invited to take up some space in the marquee - no favours asked and no affiliation sought - I know you'll have a great time and if you pick up some new members, then power to your elbow. Just let me know, you will be expected to demonstrate though and contribute to the cake kitty!
Regards Mike
P.S I hope I am not tempting fate but this will be my 9th year and it hasn't rained once!

Back