Westminster Royals DIY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesk63

Established Member
Reaction score
007.JPG
10.JPG
12.jpg
Hi everyone

Thought i would share my project with you. Other people have built these cabinets so i decided to build mine.

They are large Westminster Royals speaker cabinet made from various thicknesses of veneered MDF. A complex internal design and an interesting external speaker exit throat.

Used a dark Oak dye and Osmo oil finish. Would welcome any questions or comments.

Regards

Lesk

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,612
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 1,611
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,612
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 1,611
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,284
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 1,285
They look really nice - are they for yourself?
Need a big room and an understanding wife?
My Acousta 115's reside in the garage :(

Rod

Harbo":rkguue3w said:
They look really nice - are they for yourself?
Need a big room and an understanding wife?
My Acousta 115's reside in the garage :(

Rod

Many thanks. Yes they are very big and very heavy about 120kg's. I'm building them for my son who lives on his own, he's the HI Fi wiz kid.
We have got the one wired up and working,have to damp out certain parts but wow what a sound. Hope to get all finished this w/end.
Sounds as if you got a descent set up?

Regards

Lesk

Bloody hell I hadn't realised the scale of them. 250 man points awarded for your son even getting them on the drive let alone a space on the marital home :shock: :mrgreen:

No problem there mate.. He lives on his own.

So when i go over its music beer,music beer and pub.. What a life.

andersonec":2z0ppade said:
Is there just the one driver mounted in there? if so it must cover a wide frequency range.

Andy

Yes mate , just the one. They are Tannoys and with the ducted horn it generates fantastic bass as well as mid and high. My son rang me to say that he had found an old church organ LP and wow the room was shaking with the low notes.

Female singers are a dream to listen to.

Lesk

Lesk63":3bum6t8k said:
andersonec":3bum6t8k said:
Is there just the one driver mounted in there? if so it must cover a wide frequency range.

Andy

Yes mate , just the one. They are Tannoys and with the ducted horn it generates fantastic bass as well as mid and high. My son rang me to say that he had found an old church organ LP and wow the room was shaking with the low notes.

Lesk
Lesk63":3bum6t8k said:
No problem there mate.. He lives on his own.

So when i go over its music beer,music beer and pub.. What a life.

Beer, music, pub, more beer, female singers, have you nothing better to do with your life????????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Had he been playing some old funk I would have been over with a crate and a bottle opener.... :lol:

Andy

Hi Andy

As he's single and not much of a millstone around his neck (not like some of us) - yes thats all he has to do.

Not sure about the funk stuff though, I'll ask him to dig some out and give it a blast.

He's just got the James Blake album so its all that at moment. What beer was it????

Lesk

Lesk63":1ksg7dii said:
andersonec":1ksg7dii said:

Andy

Lesk
tell your son to search out the Telarc cd of the 1812 overture with REAL cannons!!!

found it for you
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 5796,d.ZWU

Lesk63":88xnybpt said:
Hi Andy

As he's single and not much of a millstone around his neck (not like some of us) - yes thats all he has to do.

Not sure about the funk stuff though, I'll ask him to dig some out and give it a blast.

He's just got the James Blake album so its all that at moment. What beer was it????

Lesk

The beer would have been this one
Sapper Ale.jpg

Andy

Attachments

• Sapper Ale.jpg
    Sapper Ale.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 919
andersonec":1010f6sn said:
Lesk63":1010f6sn said:
Hi Andy

Lesk

The beer would have been this one

Andy

Ok. Not heard of that one, I'm sure it goes down well on a Fri night with bag of chips. Oh - you say would have been, I take it its gone now. Lol

Lesk

Latest posts

Back