Weekend project treehouse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munkypuzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Have been meaning to start this since the beginning of summer! Still got quite a bit to do but am happy with how far I got this weekend.

P8143406.jpg

P8143408.jpg

P8143407.jpg

P8143409.jpg

P8143410.jpg

Cant quite believe the cost of timber and screws/bolts, but hopefully will keep the kids happy for a few years :)

munkypuzel":1d31y0bw said:
but hopefully will keep the kids happy for a few years :)

It depends upon how many times that they hit their head getting in. :wink:

edit..
Your next and most important job is to add diagonal bracing between the uprights and the underside of the floor area. There is currently nothing to stop it from flexing and twisting.

But its not a tree house, its just a house on stilts! Still very nice thou!

This is a treehouse, my child hood tree house! It had 2 floors but one floor fell off.

Attachments

• DSC02120.JPG
    DSC02120.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 1,757
I've cut down 4 massive conifer trees in our back garden and planned to make something like this with the trunks that are left for the uprights. The plan is for a rope bridge also across to a platform halfway up the equally massive pine tree (which fortunately is quite nice, despite the million pine cones it drops).

So, I am watching this thread for inspiration now ;)

It depends upon how many times that they hit their head getting in.

My girl keeps asking me for a tree house. Are you going to make the entry bigger?

Yep, as pointed out by my wife, the opening will be changed, to allow easier child (wife) access! Will also be adding some bracing, to lower part of thge structure. Thinking of closing the bottom in, to allow bike/toy storage..

Chems, wonderful "real" treehouse, how i would love to have a tree suitable to create somthing similar..

Now all I need to do is find a local (N.London) source of tanalised shiplap or similar to start the house part, havent been able to find anywhere yet. Also not sure what to cover the roof in yet, it needs to be waterproof if possible..

munkypuzel":26ixy5os said:
Thinking of closing the bottom in, to allow bike/toy storage..

Now all I need to do is find a local (N.London) source of tanalised shiplap or similar to start the house part, havent been able to find anywhere yet. Also not sure what to cover the roof in yet, it needs to be waterproof if possible..

Good idea.

Try Travis Perkins.

Finaly got some more done, including a roof to keep out the soon to fall leaves!!

P9173577.jpg

Plastic parts searched for and supplied by SWMBO..

I built one for my kids 20 years ago and they loved it - so will yours :)

If I'm honest though, I built it as much for my satisfaction as for the kids 'cos I always wanted one :oops:

Bob

Looks great. The kids will be over the moon with it. I have always wanted to build one of these.
Never had the space for one though. How about using felt shingles for the roof Munkeypuzle?

I built what we used to call a 'treehouse' (even though it wasn't actually in a tree!) over 5 years ago for my kids. They slept in it once, saw a spider and never used it again!

They got use out of the swings to which always irritated me as instead of spending an entire summer building it I could have build a couple of swings in a few days at a fraction of the cost!

tree1.jpg

angelboy":3vppuktm said:
I built what we used to call a 'treehouse' (even though it wasn't actually in a tree!) over 5 years ago for my kids. They slept in it once, saw a spider and never used it again!

They got use out of the swings to which always irritated me as instead of spending an entire summer building it I could have build a couple of swings in a few days at a fraction of the cost!

See what you should do is run some power out there. Mount a tv inside with suround sound and a mini fridge with beer et viola you have a den to escape to.

Latest posts

Back