Wealden Tools - Router cutters ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been checking around trying to source 17mm dia straight cutters for drawer slides. Titman and Trend are about £26 .....probably + vat & p&p. Wealden are £12.50 inc' vat + free del' over £15.

Anybody used their cutters?

Chris.

Yep. Superb service. Delivered next day. Nice cutters. Just try a search for wealdon and you will get the idea.

Adam

Seconded! Next day service, good quality. Theyt appear to have slightly less carbide on them than the Titmans (but as thick as the Trend stuff), but at the prices they're excellent value. Well upo to trade/commercial use.

Scrit

Scrums":1vv037xr said:
... free del' over £15.
Have they changed the delivery terms then? I'd look for myself but their site isn't cooperating.

Cheers, Alf

More of a one-cutter-once-in-a-blue-moon kinda customer

hi scrums, try ebay and type in titman , i got some off a bloke and they were only £6.00 plus postage, and yes i am a happy chappy :lol:

wealden all the time. Only company i use for cutters, excellent and fast delivery too

Hmmmm....I've been aware of the name for many years, never associated them with router cutters or cutters in general - kicking myself, especially after slotting and slotting again some battens to produce slotted counterbored holes that I could have done in one pass with one of their cutters priced at a tenner!

Delivery: Yup - small order charge of £1.50 under £15, orders recieved by 15.30 despatched foc same day, over £40 recorded - what have I been missing?

Chris.

Oh, used to be postage included in the cutter cost which was ideal for the intermittent cutter buyer like me. The pesky postage charges are kicking in all over the place these days - wrecks the spontaneous buying when you have to spend half an hour trying to justify buying something else to get "free delivery" :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Fourthed.
Excellent service, great prices and good quality.
Not sure about trade/industrial durability as I am only a hobby user but I have had no probs.

spadge":13hqy3nk said:
Not sure about trade/industrial durability as I am only a hobby user but I have had no probs.
Don't know about the straights as I use TC-RTs (also from Wealden or Titman), but I've run Wealden's bullnosing cutters on both pin router and CNC router applications - they lacked the plunge facility of the Titmans, but they were under half the price (even at best trade) and could be run as fast, so I was well impressed.

Scrit

let me get this straight alf, you NEED to spend half an hour making up orders. I thought you were so far down the slope it was impossible not to buy :twisted: :lol: :lol:

given that we seem to be paying for breathing now, i wonder why so many people buy excess tools JUST to minimise the postage.

old fashioned virtue, if you don't need it don't buy :^o

now there is a heresy :roll: :roll:

coat dragging as off to the land of nod

paul :wink:

Yep, another endorsement for Wealden.

I used to order Trend cutters from my local stockist who 'generously' gave me a 30% discount and an assurance that I would not get a better deal anywhere! :lol:

A collegeue put me on to Wealden - they are better cutters, they arrive the next day, and I save around 25% on even the discounted Trend prices.

Tip - sometimes their website is a bit iffy and won't process orders properly. Don't worry, just phone them up with your order. Last time the MD answered my call and couldn't have been more helpful.

Cheers
Brad

engineer one":2t7rzaxa said:
let me get this straight alf, you NEED to spend half an hour making up orders. I thought you were so far down the slope it was impossible not to buy :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Au contraire, all the postage costs are saving me a fortune - no tendency for spontaneous tool purchasing anymore. Not that I do that much anyway, not outside the lure of the car boot sale. O:)

Cheers, Alf

every time i see the latest advert for the infamous readers digest prize draw i think of you alf, "you will do what i say" :lol: :lol: :lol:

"i am not on the slope, i am not on the slope, i do not lie about this ever at all" :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

cheers and happy new year

paul :wink:

Back