We have exciting news about your account....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
How many of you do the lottery online?

Admittedly I have been lucky over the last 4 or 5 years. I have probably won 50 or 60 squids in £10 prizes, but every time I see that email I can't help getting excited.

Imagine this morning when I woke, with a splitting headache and eyes still sticky, to see that email. Heart racing, head pounding, I fumble through the security screen on the National Lottery website (could this be the best xmas ever?).... to find another £10 win! :(

I don't want to sound ungrateful ;)

Dan Tovey":qk42b423 said:
Mike Garnham":qk42b423 said:
Its a voluntary tax, chaps!!!

True enough Mike, but I've got friends in the building trade who seem to think that all taxes are voluntary!

Apart from those on diesel, booze, and ciggies of course!

Dan
There`s red & booze cruises for them Dan

Yup...I can vouch for that horrible sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach when you first get one of these. Then the £10 reality hits and you come down to earth with a bump.

hehe I agree about the voluntary tax, but completely necessary IMHO. Even a smallish win would change my life substantially.

I think they read this thread because the meanies sent me another email this afternoon about the same £10 win :x :wink:

I don't do the lottery (although I would quite like to win it!) but I do have some Premium Bonds. There was time when I won reasonably regularly, (always £50 except once £100), but there has been nothing for the last year or so.

This week, however, three dropped through the door on the same day! All for £50, but much better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I'm not sure it will change my life but it will get me a new printer.

Cheers
Steve

Well isn't that odd. I recently cashed in quite a substantial amount of Premium Bonds that i'd had for about 6yrs. Not a sausage in winnings.

So count yourself lucky sir.

Had 27 points on the foot ball pools once. So did five million others, I won thirty bob!
One pound fifty to you youngsters.

Roy.

A few weeks back I had FOUR numbers on the lottery....... so did the rest of the country, I got £22.00 :(

Rich.

I had five numbers up last year and won £2000 :) bit of a faff getting the money though, had to go to the main Post Office in town and then got so much in cash and the rest by cheque, funny arrangement I thought :? Still the money came in very handy at the time. Only had a couple of small £10 wins since then.

Back