Way to go Steve Maskery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
A big thanks to you Steve after reading this months GW and your article on the Tennoning jig, I built it and boy does it work well! i did modify mine so I could have the addition of rails to cut the shoulders too. I had been given some 18mm ply and made it out of this I am afraid I couldn't use any melamine for the top surface as I didn't have any but gave the ply top a good sanding and the router slides well on it. I have about seven gates to make over the next couple of months so i think this jig will get some use and speed up the job of cutting the tennons. I used to use the radial arm saw but it a is a labourious task, now I think I am going to enjoy making them. Thanks Steve and keep em coming. :D

We aim to please!

I'm delighted that you have made this up, really I am. Yes, I know I get paid (a bit) for writing, but that really (really) isn't the main motivation. My Dad was a cabinet maker, but he always promised to cut off our hands if we did the same (yes, really). Most of what I have learned has been from books and mags and just "doing it". I don't have any kids, so writing is a way of passing it on to others. It really does make a big difference to know that others like and use what Iwrite about, thank you for telling me.

I shall sleep a happy bunny tonight!

Cheers

Steve

PS Were there a lot of Reallys ( what's the plural of Really?) in that post?

wot's this about sleeping with the bunnies tonight Steve???? :lol: :lol:

as i have said elsewhere, you have a readable writing capability which
is pretty rare these days, although some of the sub editors do make it
difficult to follow it all with their "pithy" red pens.

paul :wink:

engineer one":14cr542p said:
wot's this about sleeping with the bunnies tonight Steve???? :lol: :lol: :

Now, now, don't go editing my stuff - see how one little word changes everything? :)

as i have said elsewhere, you have a readable writing capability which
is pretty rare these days

Thank you very much. I do think I know what people want from me, but it is good to get feedback, it keeps me on track.

some of the sub editors do make it
difficult to follow it all with their "pithy" red pens.

I couldn't possibly comment! But I'm glad that's not my responsibility. It's hard enough to write the articles, let alone to make them fit exactly 3 pages, or whatever will be required in 3 or 4 months time.

Cheers
Steve

I would like to add my thanks to Steve as well.
I made the much simpler hinge jig from 2/3 editions ago and I was so
pleased with it I now go looking for places to add hinges even if they
aren't needed!! Seriously, I made a second jig for the plate on mortise
catches based on the same principles.

Thanks again Steve.

Guys, guys, stop. You'll have me blushing.
Well, all right, if you insist, you can carry on.

Can I ask you a favour? If you do make stuff up, or like the articles (and not just mine), tell Nick Gibbs. There has been quite a lot of criticism of the mag recently, and, whatever you think about the mag, we do all want to make our particular bit as good as it can be. Only if the editor knows what is popular, as well as what is not, can we all get better, which is in everyone's best interests.

Drop him a line at [email protected]

And if you want to post pics here as well, then so much the better!

Cheers
Steve

Discovered to my surprise that a private comment in an email to Jeff Gorman had made it to the letters page a couple of issues ago. :? Funnily enough none of my negative private comments ever did... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back