Watch out Wedgwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
This is one of our newer teapots, Watch out Wedgwood! Turned and carved from Bradford Pear by Michael. Pyro-engraved, textured and color by Cynthia.Thanks for looking, C&C always welcome. Michael
Watch out Wedgewood.jpg
Watch out Wedgewood-2.jpg
Watch out Wedgewood-3.jpg

Attachments

• Watch out Wedgewood.jpg
    Watch out Wedgewood.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,241
  • Watch out Wedgewood-2.jpg
    Watch out Wedgewood-2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 1,241
  • Watch out Wedgewood-3.jpg
    Watch out Wedgewood-3.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,241
Somebody once used a phrase which had in it ( A THING OF RARE BEAUTY ) which is an apt description for your Teapot. Thank you for showing .

This is a stunner. I must admit I don't really get the the whole wooden Teapot thing but that is my problem, not yours, and certainly doesn't take away from the skill and overall effect of the finished article.

If you don't mind me asking (feel free to tell me to mind my own business) how long would one of these take to make? I'm guessing they are pretty labour intensive, and that the pyro probably would take as long as the wood work? Do you have a market for them or do you just make them for pleasure and to test yourselves? (I may have just answered my own question regarding 'The Teapot Thing' :lol: :wink: )

As I say, a real stunner =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Richard

Mike another outstanding piece =D> This composition is one of the best, if not the best of all teapots. Darn I think I said that about your last one. :)

OK, I give up. Having seen that spectacular piece I am forever going to retire from pyrography. I know I could not get anywhere near that standard if I practised for the rest of my life.

I admire the workmanship (of the teapot and its decoration) and the patience that it must have taken to complete. =D> =D>

Richard Findley":2lx52pee said:
This is a stunner. I must admit I don't really get the the whole wooden Teapot thing but that is my problem, not yours, and certainly doesn't take away from the skill and overall effect of the finished article.

If you don't mind me asking (feel free to tell me to mind my own business) how long would one of these take to make? I'm guessing they are pretty labour intensive, and that the pyro probably would take as long as the wood work? Do you have a market for them or do you just make them for pleasure and to test yourselves? (I may have just answered my own question regarding 'The Teapot Thing' :lol: :wink: )

As I say, a real stunner =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Richard
Thank you all for your comments. Richard turning and constructing the teapot takes me around a week and then Cynthia's pyro takes around the same time. We sell them to whoever wants them, the one pictured is now in John Hills private collection.
Michael

Absolutely exquisite. As a dabbler boith in woodturning and prography, I am just stunned by the skills it took to produce. If I was able to Turn such a perfect item, I would then be afraid of burning it in case I made a mess of it. Well done to both of you.

Back