Wardrobe and Chest of drawers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
You may remember my project plans from this topic. Well here is the result.
No WIP pictures. I am no good at that I am afraid.

Material(s): Pine
Finish: Wood paint & Gel stain + Danish oil
Comments: This chest of drawers was designed to pair with the wardrobe. It is now in my little girl's room and was sized to suit it's restricted location. The 2 small top drawers are sliding and the 3 wide drawers are on Full extension runners giving maximum access and ease of opening/closing.
chest%20of%20drawers1.jpg

chest%20of%20drawers2.jpg

Comments: Inside, 2 hanging rails are fitted one above the other to maximize the storage. It works very well with children's clothe which are smaller.
wardrobe2.jpg

Lovely job CYC! I'm a big fan of pine myself, and you have done it justice here. Great for a girl's room - it has an 'Alice In Wonderland' feel to it.

How did you make the large chamfers on the drawer fronts? Router bit or judicious hand plane work? It looks great. 8)

(Danish oil's a very good make-up repellant too :D )

Gary

Very nice , you have made a great job of the finish as they look so perfect they dont look real :shock:

Thanks for the good comments.

Syntec, anything in particular you want me to ellaborate on?

GaryH, actually I did the chamfers with my tablesaw. I made jig that holds the plank up straight and tilted the blade at 7 degrees. It's a little like the tenoning accessory you would have seen on Norm's tablesaw. Hope this is clear enough.

JFC, this is 3 coats of a Dulux paint for wood and metals. I had to do 3 coats to my misery because you could still see the dark knots after 2 coats.

The door for the wardrobe was the most exciting part for me. The reason is that it was the first time I was using my new panel raising set in my recently completed router table.
TR16.jpg

The joints are perfect, all fits in like a glove and as a result the door was perfectly flat (a first!). I just can't wait to do it again although using the BIG panel bit is rather intimidating :oops:

CYC

really good work love the wood and paint combination on the tops gives a really nice contrast.

Neil

Latest posts

Back