Warco 1100B

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but are they any good, I just missed the nova 3000 on ebay and this is so close to home I might bid but I don't know the make

on paper they look ok...

thanks, I was assuming that it was some form of electronic control, it like a Daf car then :(

hi

don't let that put you off , so is the axminster m950 , theirs a lot of members here who own them , visually it look very much like the m950 , that all i can say about it. hc

I'm really torn, I could wait and see if someone posts something better here, budget is around £500 for the lathe...

if its any help, i have the nova DVRXp, you can come around and have a play on it if you wish, although out of your price range at least you can give the nova a try..
PM if interested ..

thanks for that. The trouble is that I don't know what I want really also I don't know what things are worth. Any idea what I should bid for the myford?

If anyone is selling something interesting please let me know

stevebuk":3iec5q2j said:
if its any help, i have the nova DVRXp, you can come around and have a play on it if you wish, although out of your price range at least you can give the nova a try..
PM if interested ..

Thanks, PM sent but not sure if it went...

dannykaye":133q2enz said:
. Any idea what I should bid for the myford?

w

Nothing IMHO. They seem to go for a lot of money but are really limited machines in all sorts of ways. Not much over the bed, underpowered, limited speeds etc etc etc. If you can be patient I'd wait and keep looking as there are some real bargains to be had.

Pete

dannykaye":vtwlpfq1 said:
thanks for that. The trouble is that I don't know what I want really also I don't know what things are worth. Any idea what I should bid for the myford?

If anyone is selling something interesting please let me know

i'd say a maximum of 250 - like bod says there are limitations with these machines but imo they only become apparent if you are wanting to turn big or out of balance pieces, and bear in mind that with that deal you are also getting chisels and wood which you would otherwise have to budget for seperately ( I assume you are starting the hobby rather than upgrading)

btw according to his signature devon woody has a perform ccbl for sale - thats basically like an axminster 900 (swivel head, reeves drive, 0.5HP) , i dont know how much hes asking but i sold my 900 to olly for 75 notes last year. - course DW is in devon but it wouldnt cost that mucvh to have it shipped up to you by courier

there are also several graduates on ebay - but these are starting at 525 notes and may well be three phase , meaning you'd have to also budget for an inverter

big soft moose":z103329t said:
personally i'd disagree - its a good enough little lathe but i reckon you'd outgrow it pretty quickly (hence the number of these that come up on the bay)

if you are going for a record i'd suggest a Cl2, CL3 or CL4 if you can get a good deal

like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RECORD-Wood-Turni ... 35a84e5e9c

Huumm

I find it strange that you would recommend a Myford Mystro over the record , with a swivel head and a outside tool rest , complete with a new metal Record stand , for a but it now of £200 and have £300 over for the extras required like chuck tolls etc , NO messing with bids and being sniped at the last minute ,

But each to their own , I know what one I would rather have :wink:

I have a midi fox at the moment. I originally wanted a lathe mainly for spindle stuff, handles, pens, knobs etc. After watching the forum for a while I am getting a yen to turn some hollow stuff but I have never done anything like that.

I am a bit shy of modern Record after some comments here. I have done a fair amount of metal turning but am painfully aware that things for wood work differently, I also like quiet running tools...

So the requirement here is to upgrade to something that will last a long time. Very tempted by the Axminster 950 type of thing but really liked a nova that I saw a long time ago and I suspect that variable speed is a good thing. The main thing is versatality, for example the other week I was making ear plugs for my students so I need to go fairly small and low vibration is useful

as usual, thanks for all the help

Blister":4qhn49ba said:
big soft moose":4qhn49ba said:
personally i'd disagree - its a good enough little lathe but i reckon you'd outgrow it pretty quickly (hence the number of these that come up on the bay)

if you are going for a record i'd suggest a Cl2, CL3 or CL4 if you can get a good deal

like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RECORD-Wood-Turni ... 35a84e5e9c

Huumm

I find it strange that you would recommend a Myford Mystro over the record , with a swivel head and a outside tool rest , complete with a new metal Record stand , for a but it now of £200 and have £300 over for the extras required like chuck tolls etc , NO messing with bids and being sniped at the last minute ,

But each to their own , I know what one I would rather have :wink:

I wouldnt recomend a mystro over a decent record like the cl 3 or 4 , but that dml is a beginers lathe, the mystro has its limitations certainly but at least it has variable speed and a reasonable ammount of power.

plus the mystro deal includes tools etc and is just down the road from danny.

dannykaye":1ltt9uz4 said:
So the requirement here is to upgrade to something that will last a long time.

in that case you could do worse than a big lump of cast iron like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNION-GRADUATE-BO ... 5886f9d9d9

its three phase but inverter kits are available which will also give you full variable speed. (that said you'd be lucky to get this and the inverter inside your budget)

not great on the versatitlity front, but then the footprint is quite small so you could keeop your baby lathe for doing small work

Back