Wall Clock.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip n

Established Member
Reaction score
I got commissioned to make a wall clock for a customers anniversary, here's the result.
Made from Zebrano.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,093
Very neat work, zebrano is such a strikingly good looking wood it is just a shame that it smells so bad! At least scrolling makes less dust than turning a large piece. I find it quite a difficult wood to cut with a scroll saw as the density can vary so much as the cut progresses through the dark and light bands.

Coming from a metalworking background, a lot of the more exotic wood names are new to me, and zebrano is no exception. Easy to see where it got it's name. :)
Fantastic looking clock. S/he is going to be a very happy customer.

Thanks all!
The customer was indeed happy with it. Which is good as most of my sales come through word of mouth.

Woodndrum, Zebrano certainly tickles the nose and takes blade wander to new levels but, like you say, it's a very attractive wood.

Toesy, the great thing about scrolling is that once you've mastered the basics, you can pretty much make anything.
If you can make one cut successfully, you can make hundreds of cuts with the same success. Bigger pieces don't require more skill, just more patience.

Philip n - I will soon give proper fret work ago, I'm making the Gone Golfing Plaque, just got to source some nice wood.

Philip what a wonderful job you have done on the clock,I would have very proud to have cut that out.I think that all of us should always state who has designed the pattern that we cut out.The designer of the patterns that we cut out don't get the praise that they deserve.Toesy the golfing plaque would it be the one off Sheila Landry's site designed by Keith Fenton?.If it is I have that pattern to cut out for my son,when I can find the time to cut it out.

Bryan

Philip what a wonderful job you have done on the clock,I would have very proud to have cut that out.I think that all of us should always state who has designed the pattern that we cut out.The designer of the patterns that we cut out don't get the praise that they deserve.Toesy the golfing plaque would it be the one off Sheila Landry's site designed by Keith Fenton?.If it is I have that pattern to cut out for my son,when I can find the time to cut it out.

Bryan

Bryan Bennett":1s21k8th said:
Toesy the golfing plaque would it be the one off Sheila Landry's site designed by Keith Fenton?.If it is I have that pattern to cut out for my son, when I can find the time to cut it out. Bryan

Yes that's the very one, had brain ache (hammer) last night and couldn't remember the name, will make sure when I make it, that I respect the designer. It is a lovely pattern/plan.

That's fantastic scroll work Philip. Well done. May I ask what make and size blades you are using, as I'm only just starting to use a scroll saw.

Alex

Alexam":xf8dggpc said:
That's fantastic scroll work Philip. Well done. May I ask what make and size blades you are using, as I'm only just starting to use a scroll saw.

Alex

Thanks Alex.

I used No.1 and No.3 ultra reverse blades. Any quality reverse tooth blade from No.1 to No.5 could be used to cut something like this.

Back