Wales, but where.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
2008_0215walespainting0002w.jpg

I took the original photograph about 5 miles west of Betws-y-coed.
Looking towards Snowdonia, had a bacon sandwich cooked in the caravan parked on the road by the lake at the time.

Would that be towards Dolwyddan or Capel Curig then?

I was a student in Bangor in the 80s and ended up spending 6 years there. I very nearly bought an old five bed farm house near there for around £15K. Unfortunately, I moved to Sheffield for the next ten years. You have really caught the colour there, the contrast of the lowland with the peaks. Judging by the sky, I'm now thinking that this is the Nant Gwynant valley near the Wadkin pass - at least it was always like that when we went there :lol:

Maia28":2ihal1ri said:
Would that be towards Dolwyddan or Capel Curig then?

I was a student in Bangor in the 80s and ended up spending 6 years there. I very nearly bought an old five bed farm house near there for around £15K. Unfortunately, I moved to Sheffield for the next ten years. You have really caught the colour there, the contrast of the lowland with the peaks. Judging by the sky, I'm now thinking that this is the Nant Gwynant valley near the Wadkin pass - at least it was always like that when we went there :lol:

Sorry you are correct, 5 miles west of Capel Curig.

If you ever get this way DW take your camera to Mwnt, it's the most staggeringly beautiful spot I know of.

Roy.

Digit":1uduwqx3 said:
If you ever get this way DW take your camera to Mwnt, it's the most staggeringly beautiful spot I know of.

Roy.
Yes I would agree with you, its a few years now since I last drove north up that coastline from Fishguard to Carnaervon.

The Welsh people seem to look after their countryside better than their neighbours, you can tell the difference as soon as you cross back into England.

If you do it again DW call in, you would pass my house.

Roy.

Many thanks Digit. Unfortunately I think my travelling days have come to an end. My wife had an allergy attack a few weeks ago which resulted in her throat and tongue swelling and stopped her from breathing, just like drowning. Fortunately the ambulance arrived within 7 minutes of dialing 999. However at the present time neither of us want to be a more than a few minutes away from her receiving medical attention if it should so re-occur.

Could you imagine a situation in a traffic jam where the road ahead has been closed and await of perhaps hours before treatment could arrive, it would be too late.

Know the problem DW, anaphylaxia, same thing happened to me. Turns out I've developed an allergy to chocolate!
Hasn't your wife been supplied with an Epipen?
The para-medics turned up to me after 20 mins, the call centre had sent them to the wrong address, then they insisted in trying to treat me for a heart attack and I'm gasping 'not heart attack!' But would they listen?
The hospital kindly discharged me at 4 o'clock the next morning!

Roy.

devonwoody":5nu20c0e said:
The Welsh people seem to look after their countryside better than their neighbours, you can tell the difference as soon as you cross back into England.

That is because ours is nicer than yours to start with!!!! :D :D

Taffy

Why else do you think Westminster insist on hanging onto it Taff?

Roy.

Digit":38nuu902 said:
Why else do you think Westminster insist on hanging onto it Taff?

Roy.

'Cos they are jealous of our beautiful country, our heritage and our rugby team!!!!

(Apologies for that last one - I have managed to resist until now, but something just came over me I'm afraid.....) :twisted:

Taffy

:D :D :D :D :D

Taffy Turner":1k4136ci said:
'Cos they are jealous of our beautiful country, our heritage and our rugby team!!!!

(Apologies for that last one - I have managed to resist until now, but something just came over me I'm afraid.....) :twisted:

Taffy

Back