Wacom Bamboo At Aldi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
Aldi is currently stocking Wacom Bamboo graphics tablets for less than £40. I bought one this morning and it's a treat to use. It comes with bundled OEM software too, Ulead Photoimpact 12 and CorelDraw Essential Editions 3, which should be very useful for anyone who is looking to do graphics work or design scroll saw patterns.

thats a bargain and a half Gill, ive just been looking online at them and amazon have the very same one for £89.99, just hope they have some left!!

I had trouble installing the CorelDraw Essentials 3 software which was supplied with the tablet because the serial number was for Corel Painter Essentials 3 :roll: . However, I emailed Corel (not an easy process) and I have now been sent a working serial number.

Steve Good uses the full version of CorelDraw for his pattern designs
artist.gif
. According to Corel's website, that program retails for £378.35. However, scrollers need to use only a fraction of CorelDraw's functions... as far as I can tell, they are all included in CorelDraw Essentials 3!

woot_jump.gif

That makes it even more of a bargain as far as I'm concerned.

dancer.gif

ive got serif drawplus X2 which is very similar to corel draw installed on my machine - it was only £29 (down from 59 as a regular customer) i hadn really thought of using it for paterns ( i usually covert pics in photoshop) but i may give that a try.

Hi Gill I just bought the same as you yesterday had the same trouble as you but sorted now.Have you used it yet? I'm still trying to sort it out, mind you I have never been a techno head lol. Mal

i finished the Gimp lessons a while a go now and think they were well worth having a go at, I've used it a few times already for portraits!! Steve's right the tutorials are excellent even with my 1st go was pretty pleased how it turned out :) not only that Mal i used my bamboo tablet :D takes a bit to get used to but i think its the same with all things new, i was so used to a mouse it felt really weird to start with but once u get to grips with it u can wizz along nicely and don't think i'll be using the mouse again for design. haven't had a chance to do the inkscape tutorials yet but its up there high on my to do list!
all the best,
Jay :ho2

How to change the default image editor in Corel Draw X3? Somehow Corel Photo Paint is no longer the default image editor when I right click on an image in Corel Draw and click on "edit bitmap". Now when I click on "edit bitmap" inside Corel Draw it opens the graphic in Microsoft Windows Paint! How can I change it back to Corel Photo Paint?

rohona - check Corel Photopaint is still associated with CPT files. In Photopaint check in tools|options|global|filters|associate. Make sure CPT is checked.

Cheers

Gidon

Latest posts

Back