Verneer adhesive

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer n nails

Established Member
Reaction score
I was given a large bottle of tightbond verneer adhesive could I use this for glueing up some birdboxes or would it not be strong enough seems a waste not using it as I don't do veneering

Sorry to veer away from original point but I am about to use the title bond veneer adhesive for a sizeable amount of veneer img. I've never had issues in the past. Is this a known about issue?

I've used it for small veneering jobs and had no problems with adhesion or creeping - but it does separate after a while in storing and takes some serious mixing to get it back to anywhere near it's original consistency. I know Peter has had some issues with it and it is not one of the adhesives he uses on his Veneering & Laminating course so I'd be a bit wary if you have a large job.

i use it for loads of veneer 2 ply pressings as it does not bleed through some woods as bad as cross linked PVA, i must use it quick as i have never had any separation issues, i will know to keep an eye out for that though as im ordering more & more & tend to have 3 or 4 large bottles on the shelf.

Back