Veritas Scraper blade holder.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago I went through the same process of trying to find new Skarsten blades but drew a blank. It seems that for a while Faithfull sold a scraper and blades that would fit but no longer do. I am sorry to say that Tyzacktools are masters at using brand names to draw customers to their items but if you read the item description it says that the blades will not fit Skarsten scrapers.

I think some people are confusing the blade holder with the tool that has a flat base and 2 handles.
The veritas scraper holder is well worth having in my opinion it can flex the blade and you can use it at any angle you want in the way you would just using your hands without the effort.

I think some people are confusing the blade holder with the tool that has a flat base and 2 handles.
The veritas scraper holder is well worth having in my opinion it can flex the blade and you can use it at any angle you want in the way you would just using your hands without the effort.
I’ve been looking at this to take some of the effort out of big scraping jobs. Useful to know!

I’ve been looking at this to take some of the effort out of big scraping jobs. Useful to know!
Once you get the hang of it and your hook on blade it's pretty good.

One word of warning though if you buy the set of four blades the two shorter ones (there thinner than the two bigger ones.06 & .08)don't work in holders as butted up into holder base of it is right on work surface and if try to move out enough to clear it won't hold blade tight enough.
Holder and Variable burnisher come with a blade each.

Once you get the hang of it and your hook on blade it's pretty good.

One word of warning though if you buy the set of four blades the two shorter ones (there thinner than the two bigger ones.06 & .08)don't work in holders as butted up into holder base of it is right on work surface and if try to move out enough to clear it won't hold blade tight enough.
Holder and Variable burnisher come with a blade each.
Thanks, great tip. I have the blade from the variable burnisher and some thicker Bahco ones that should work then!

Back