Ventilating Workshop roof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GerryKnowles

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have done some research on the above and got confused hence the request for help . I am building a 9x 3m outhouse I am going to use a permeable membrane in the vaulted roof then batten and tile. There is no roof insulation as it’s just for storage . Will a permeable membrane be sufficient ventilation ? I am going to fill in the eaves between the rafters at the weekend and will use this to give ventilation if I need it . If I don’t it makes it simlme and I can fill the eaves gaps up to where they connect with the roof battens

Any help appreciated

Gerry

Yes it is as far as the roof is concerned but you may want to think of ventilation into the outhouse. If damp air can settle it will create mould and also condensation could be a problem on an uninsulated roof, causing quite bad dripping (I speak from bitter experience).

What windows and doors?

If just an outhouse then single pane Leaky windows and a loose fitting door will probably suffice.

Otherwise think if adding some air bricks or vents in the cladding.

Also what are you using it for? If garden tools it will be fine. If logs then you need much more ventilation.

Cheers James

Back