Varnish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just brought a large tin of varnish and found I only used half, how can I store this so I can use it another day.

I think your right about storing it upside down as my work mate used to do this, I will take your advise.

Stroing it up side down may help but the best way I have found if to lay a filter on top, cut a scrap of thick polythene to as near as to the circumference of the tin and lay it over the top of the varnish, much more effective..

David

There's a great product in the US called "Bloxygen", an inert gas you squirt into the can or bottle which displaces the air and gives much longer shelf life for glues, varnishes, etc

Unfortunately I've never seen it sold here and I get friends and relatives to bring it over. Maybe the aerosol gas that is sold here for squirting into half used wine bottles would do the same job? Another option is "Dust Off", the aerosol gas cans used on electronics and photo equipment, which is definitely sold here. Many advertisers call it "compressed air", but I understand it's actually an inert gas. Some of the US forums recommend it instead of Bloxygen for varnish as it's cheaper than Bloxygen.

Back