Variety is the spice....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brucio

Established Member
Reaction score
It just shows how diverse we are in the "woodworking" community.
In this forum we talk about 1/8", 3/16", 1/4" plywood, MDF or ordinary wood. Sometimes a little bit thicker, up to 1" perhaps, like it's about as thick as we'll ever use.
And there's a chap on the general woodwork talking about thinking of buying a four foot diameter tree!
I'd like to see the scrollsaw that could handle that.... :shock:
Bruce

:lol:

I don't think I could even fit such a scroll saw in my workshop! It was bad enough trying to cut a 3' diameter piece of board on a scroll saw - I had to use support rollers and physically run round the workshop as I tried to manipulate it. Even worse, I couldn't see if the blade was actually following the pattern. It's difficult to distinguish a fine scroll saw blade from the pattern line when you're stood several feet away and wrestling with the board :) .

Gill

kevin":39oj6cdf said:
Now that's a sight i'd like to see, our Gill wrestling. :shock: :lol:
Visit the Bromsgrove Dance School on a Tuesday evening. Our instructor doesn't call it 'wrestling', though - he calls it 'salsa'. Our jive is conducted according to the Marquess of Queensberry's rules and our samba has more than a passing similarity to the haka. Don't ask about our ballroom - that's not so much unarmed combat as nuclear warfare.

StevieB":39oj6cdf said:
How about if you put outside the workshop all the other scrollsaws apart from the one you were cutting with?
Ouch!

Actually, I already have :oops: . It's still a devil trying to swing boards around a 3' radius, though. Of course, you need to add on an extra couple of feet just so that you can fit into the workshop at the same time. At one point, I had to physically duck beneath the boards and scroll blind, guessing how to feed the board correctly. Fortunately, my luck was in that day.

Gill

Latest posts

Back