Using Triton TRA001 under table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skronk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Reading up on this machine.

Can I use it in a router table with NVR switch ?
Bearing in mind that the supply switch on the machine locks when changing bits. Would I physically have to enable the supply switch every time I change a bit, or would the router come on controlled by NVR switch ? Hope you know what I mean !!! :shock:

skronk":3b52bv6a said:
Hi all,

Reading up on this machine.

Can I use it in a router table with NVR switch ?
Bearing in mind that the supply switch on the machine locks when changing bits. Would I physically have to enable the supply switch every time I change a bit, or would the router come on controlled by NVR switch ? Hope you know what I mean !!! :shock:

To raise the collet above the table to change bits you must switch off the machine's switch first, otherwise you get almost there and then wonder why the winder has become very stiff (DAMHIKT!).
It's not quite as convenient as it could be, but it's infinitely better than having to hold in a spindle lock below the table whilst unscrewing the collet from above the table, which is the situation I had with the Trend I used previously.
So once you've changed the bit and set the height you just reach below the table, switch on the machine with the left hand, lock the height if you wish with the right hand, and when you're ready to go use the NVR to start the machine.

Just to add to what pcb1962 said - the only problem I have with one under a table is that I often forget to switch it back on, so after changing a bit I press the NVR switch, and of course nothing happens :)

It's a minor problem (and one that causes no danger). Otherwise, it's a great router under a table with an NVR.

I have the TRA001 and it's good. I use it almost wholly in the table. I use it in the Triton table. I find myself often trying to raise it without having turned it off, but you soon learn. Overall I think it is a very good solution and very good value.

Can anyone confirm that the TRA001 and MOF001 do indeed come with above table height winder as standard and not an extra ??

Any ideas about the MOF001 ? Promotional video is inconclusive.....1400w is plenty for me, but not at the expense of the top winder.

Back