Using celebs to advertise your product. is it just me?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I see an advert that involves a celebrity endorsing a product I can't but help thinking of the following

1. How much have they been paid to spout the companies bullshit
2. How can they be allowed by to get away with the lies (Just look at the claims Linx make about using their products!)
3. Are people really bought into thinking the product is great just because a celeb who has been paid a nice wedge says it's great?

Am I the only cynical old git who feels this way?

WHAT you mean they are not telling the entire truth :roll: well i'am shocked :eek: ,just as i was about to buy life insurance you say they are only doing it for the money :duno: but i realy realy wanted that free parker pen just for enquiring
Ohh well i will save my money for that plot of land on the moon :lol:

MARK.B.":35pbzmwf said:
WHAT you mean they are not telling the entire truth :roll: well i'am shocked :eek: ,just as i was about to buy life insurance you say they are only doing it for the money :duno: but i realy realy wanted that free parker pen just for enquiring
Ohh well i will save my money for that plot of land on the moon :lol:
You missed one. Pay the extra on your car insurance premium to protect your no claims bonus. But even though you protect your no claims bonus, they still ask if you have had a claim in the last few years.

I suspect a PPI related type scam will hit the insurance industry some time soon!

I was always disgusted by Carol Vorderman (someone thought to be good with numbers) advertising 125% mortgages for First Plus. She made money but thousands of people lost their homes and were forced into bankruptcy because they were stupid enough to believe that it must be OK if she says so.

Elapid":cl0esxqe said:
I was always disgusted by Carol Vorderman (someone thought to be good with numbers) advertising 125% mortgages for First Plus. She made money but thousands of people lost their homes and were forced into bankruptcy because they were stupid enough to believe that it must be OK if she says so.

She seems to sleep at night. Money in bank thank you very much.

People are reassured by voices they recognise, Tesco had a good time of it because they only really paid for voice overs in one of their more recent campaigns.

I still rather have "Celebrity" Z advertise me something than some of the rubbish you get pushed at you.

After all getting a loan is fast, simple and easy and you only pay 1763% average APR.

Protected no claims can be false anyway because all some companies will do if you make a claim is treble your premium, then tell you that as your no claims is protected, they'll still give you 60% or whatever off. It isn't the premium that's protected, it's the % no claims. This crops up regularly in the motoring supplements of the weekend papers.

flanajb":1s9lzldp said:
Are people really bought into thinking the product is great just because a celeb who has been paid a nice wedge says it's great?

Just ask all those women who bought the "fifty shades of" books just 'cos some celebs were seen carrying them around airports. Wonder how much that cost but have to give it to the marketing people for a brilliant bit of advertising.
How many £millions is the author coining in per day?

Bob

Latest posts

Back