Use my workbench as my router table?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTMonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have completed the lift part of my router project and I am ready to fix it to a plate and then its ready for the table.

I do have a worktop ready to accept the router but given the size of my shed I do wonder if I could perhaps mount it onto my workbench and use a blanking plate when not used.

What do you recommend, has anyone faced the same dilemma?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi Mark

As space is at a premium, how about the worktop as a fold up/ down type. Either on your bench or on a wall?

I built one as a T table fits into the vice as shown to me by Oryxdesign which has served me well. Just adapted it with a router lift last week. Easy to put away when not in use.

Cheers

Collapsible it is, Mike, can you describe your design?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-68g9 ... +table.JPG

DSCN4976.JPG

DSCN5001.JPG

DSCN5030.JPG

DSCN5029.JPG

DSCN5037.JPG

I will be adding a dust collector similar to the one I did last year for the R.A.S. (a Venturi)

I mostly use hand tools, but do have a small router. I found it just fitted between the fully open jaws of my B&D workmate, so I cut a suitably sized piece of MDF, with a square hole in the middle to accept the router on a bit of 1/8" aluminium plate I had to hand. Two blocks of 2x4 on the underside alow the workmate to grip it. Crude but working router table, that I can easily set up outside if needed.

Back