Unusual German CK Pliers Tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of my favorites is auspuff. direct translation, out puff, concatenated translation, exhaust.
the German vocabulary is great at times.

they have no word for despot though. :)

Steamships give us all the best German words, yes this is one word
Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft
Proper translation
Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services

vernacular "lecky board"

Absolute nightmare for internationalising software though. Nothing fits in the screen space available ! Chinese is best - very compact.

Didn't know about "despot". I wonder why? :)

Years ago I invested in a special aerospace English/German dictionary, but I couldn't find "dash pot" in it!

But I did find instrumentenbrett - = "dash board" (which I must say, when you think about it logically, makes no sense at all).

Unlike "Drittezahne" = false teeth (3rd teeth).

But have you tried to work out the German grammar rules for capitalising words? Impossible! I've given up trying to work it out and in any written work just sprinkle them around willy-nilly! (but if it's important my wife corrects them for me - together with much laughter all round.

... and they have arrived in it, safe and sound.

Thanks again Adrian. I'm sort of hoping that the ball valve in the loft will go wrong now... and that I can remember what to call them! :)

Your welcome Andy.
Appears I may have set a high bar for my next mystery tool post, after reading Novocaine’s fun ditty, I’ll feel I need to find something in which a story can be woven.

Back