Under stairs cupboards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
I’m just about to start an understairs cupboard job , with 3 doors , tallest door is 6 ft , then sloping down .
I usually make doors with timber frame (reds) then Mdf or ply panel).
I’m at a crossroads whether to do full MDF doors or timber frame again , Timber can be a nightmare for warp , even after they where flat and stro when fitted .
Any advice would be appreciated … thanks
Ted

For things like that I'm using MDF more and more these days, quick, easy, doesn't move and paints well.

Here's one I made earlier, 3 door under stair cupboard, doors all MR MDF, think it would have been 22mm rails/stiles with 9mm panels.

us cupboard 2.jpg

us cupboard.jpg

Hi Doug
Did you use Domino’s / Dowel / pocket screws to join up the stiles & Rails , the job I’m doing is an exact copy of your job .
If you don’t mind sharing ….
Thanks Ted

@Ted I used dominos to make the doors. The frame under the stairs was just 3x2 with the doors hung on Blum hinges, it was just a basic cupboard to hide all the junk away really, no fancy drawers etc.

Couple more photos

us cupboard 3.jpg

You can see a bit of inside here and my ingenious sloping coat hanging rail :cool:

us cupboard 4.jpg

@Ted I used dominos to make the doors. The frame under the stairs was just 3x2 with the doors hung on Blum hinges, it was just a basic cupboard to hide all the junk away really, no fancy drawers etc.

Couple more photos

View attachment 165542

You can see a bit of inside here and my ingenious sloping coat hanging rail :cool:

View attachment 165543
Thanks 👍 love the rail too !

Back