UK Travel Ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If visiting Hadrians wall take a trip to Beamish museum as well as trains at York already mentioned. Holy Island - Lindisfarne is worth a visit.
Scotland is well worth a look too🤣🙄

If messing about in boats is your thing the Norfolk Broads are worth a visit also there's many canals over the whole country where you can hire liveaboards for a week or dayboats. Canoe and kayak hire is also available many places, the river Wye is especially good.

North Wales. lots of history, castles, mining, little steam trains!

this was my local walk yesterday evening.

CC569F49-B3B8-414E-BCA9-6E670E32CA88.jpeg

If messing about in boats is your thing the Norfolk Broads are worth a visit also there's many canals over the whole country where you can hire liveaboards for a week or dayboats. Canoe and kayak hire is also available many places, the river Wye is especially good.

These are chartered so they drive it for you? Seems like it would not be affordable but maybe for a day it's not so bad?

No you get a 15 minute lesson then you're on your own. A week in high season will be quite pricey, about the same as a good holiday cottage,a day boat would be about £100.

Kau, how long are you coming over for? Work or holiday and where will you be based?

A visit to the UK wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the Lake District. Take the Lakeside and Haverthwaite restored railway to Lakeside and take steamer ride along the Lake stopping at Bowness and Ambleside. Get on and off where you like and explore both towns, some great places to eat and take the steamer and train back to Haverthwaite. A really good day out for all ages.

The Forest of Bowland (Not far from the Yorkshire Dales, "next door" in fact) which was the landscape where Tolkien was inspired to write Lord of The Rings & The Hobbit etc. Its beautiful. Lake District of course as others have said.

I would 2nd Manchester as well, wouldn't bother with watching Manchester City (although it pains me to say they are the better team at the moment) only go and watch the first club in Manchester... United. ;)

Northumberland. In parts the most rural quiet place in England I have ever been. A must would be a visit to Cragside (A National Trust Property) to look at exquisite joinery and furniture. It was the 1st place to have electrical lighting in the UK & powered by a hydroelectric dam so I remember. As well as Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland for its amazing furniture collection and top world-class joinery....never mind the castle itself!

Somerset - Glastonbury High St and it's Tor as others have said. Stonehenge in Wiltshire.

Scotland, Highlands & Islands. Edinburgh and Glasgow etc. Whisky tours, locks and ancient stone circles older than Stonehenge.

London, Cornwall, Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 North and South and Mid Wales, magical place.

The Island of Ireland 🇮🇪 too, only a quick 45min (if that) flight over the sea from the UK. Neolithic Burial Roundhouse Monuments older than the pyramids and Stonehenge.

Enjoy!

Kau, how long are you coming over for? Work or holiday and where will you be based?

About two months. It's holiday but I work from home so will be working too. We don't have everything booked yet but will be moving around. We usually stay 7 days in one area, so we will probably stay at 7-8 different places over the stretch.

Latest posts

Back