UK Plywood molding, pressing, forming suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayman

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Hope you guys can help: I'm looking for details of UK based plywood pressing companies or workshops for products such as skateboard decks, backs of chairs, custom large moulded panels etc. (plywood thickness approx 22mm). Ideally, we want them to create the form/mould too and onsite CNC would also be useful.

I've found a few in Europe but surprised nobody offers this in the UK - unless I'm googling it all wrong? Please help (and is it 'mould' or 'mold' ??? )

youre English presumably, so its MOULD.
American English is a terrible thing.
Sorry, cant help with the plywood thing, unless REMPLOY is still in existance.

Without knowing exactly what your trying to achieve, the only thing I can currently think of is a furniture company called Isokon based in London.....

See if you can find a boatbuilder,they do a fair bit of laminating of shaped panels and might be able to help.

*wavess* what are you wanting to make?...

i work with forming plywood shapes, not exactly large/huge stuff, but i make drum shells for a living, pressing all our plywood in house & forming the shells.. so shaped plywood is not an issue within reason, have made skateboard decks over the years as many of my friends are skaters & skate instructors.

i cut our moulds on a CNC too, though the biggest shell i make is 27" OD and my CNC machine's capacity is about 32 x 32" square

Back