Two new forms

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornucopia

Established Member
Reaction score
hello folks
here are two forms which i've made recently

this form is spalted beech and is 10" high by 6" wide with a 5/8" diameter hollowing hole
this piece was finished with organoil hard burnishing oil
P1030572.jpg

P1030576.jpg

P1030579.jpg

P1030584.jpg

this for is also spalted beech and is 6" high by 6" wide with a 5/8" diameter hollowing hole
this piece has been left without a finish
P1030587.jpg

P1030596.jpg

P1030600.jpg

P1030601.jpg

Cornucopia

I really like both of these pieces but my favorite is the first
I love the shape and the foot really lifts the piece It just makes
you want to pick it up to feel the weight and texture.

Great Work
Dave

Is the foot on the first part on the piece or is it a seperation turnned 'tee' for the form to rest on?

(Either way, I like it!)

S

I love the line of the first, and the foot makes an interesting skew on your usual. Different, but i really can't make my mind up whether the foot is an improvement or hinderance!
Definately to your excellent usual standard though.

How is the Organoil to use? I've thought about giving it a bash as it sounds versatile and has good 'green' credentials.

I also like the lack of product to finish the second piece. Looks very tactile!

Thank you for your kind comments

SVB:The foot on this piece was an unexpected addition due to me getting carried away and hollowing too deep!! - i didnt hollow through the base but i had to alter the line of the form to be able to part the piece of- so once the form was dry i added the foot- which covers the alteration in form.

Ryan: i find the organoil nice and simple to use but i am experimenting with some acrylic finish's which will hopefully protect the piece with the look of them not being there at all.

Latest posts

Back