TV Stand (kind of)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niki

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day

Made it last year just before they "closed" for the winter (-20c).

Designer - as always, my wife.
Wood - Oak 25mm.
Finish - stain and 5 layers of clear varnish.

3 separate units, each 1-Meter long, so we can move them around the house (they get heavier in my age).

I added a close up picture of each cabinet so you can see the "Fashla's" (Arabic for mistakes, failures, goofs etc.).

All the connections, carcasses and doors frames are dowels, drilled on my crazy router table.

I don't have panel rising bit so I used small mushroom shape bit (amateur's life), that you can see on the last picture.

Nowadays, I'm working on glass display unit that will come on top of one of the side units and I hope to finish before they "close" for this winter.

Regards
niki

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Mushroom.jpg

Thank you so much

Paul
Proportions and stile is my wife's job, if you let me to do it, will get some androgynous.

Lord Nibbo
It's a local production (Poland) by Sopur and it's called Nitro stain (Bejca Nitro - beytsa nitro).

I found them here
http://www.sopur.com.pl/page.php?cat=2&lang=1

But as I could see (click on "Distribution"), they are not exporting to UK, but they have a contact information (Tel & e-mail).

niki

Another grand piece of work Niki.....Certainly demonstrates that you do not have to go with the crowd & use panel raising bits. I confess that I went with the crowd....however, the first raised panels that I made for a deacons bench I raised on my radial arm saw but ended up with a lot of sanding to do. I have also seen panels raised on a router table using a straight bit along with a special fence that holds the panel at an angle.
Myself, I use vertical bits with the router mounted on a horizontal router table. Those big panel bits for use with a standard router table make me a little nervous, so I don't do that.

Lee

Very nice. I like the equal size modular approach so there is flexibility to rearrange the layout. Huge amounts of storage as well.

Thank you so much for the compliments, well, the design compliments goes to my wife.

Lee
My router is Hitachi M8 (800w) and I can not use even the vertical panel raising bit.

Andy and Roger
The "Modular approach" is necessity for my age and for my wife, she is moving the furniture around every few months. That's the reason that I added felt under the legs so it will be easy to slide them on the floor.

Thanks again
niki

Back