Ts 55 REQ. saw track help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paullap

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi I have a TS55 REQ saw and want to buy 1400mm track , what is the. Difference in the Fs1400 and the FS 1400/2 tracks ?. Will both tracks work with my saw please.

Paul

Looks like the 1400/2 has got a fancy plastic insert for use on a systainer or sticking to a surface.

dcfe7fcd-75b9-11eb-8114-005056b31774_1600_1066.jpg

Holes and price.

Strange that something with less metal is more money.

The part number for one is 577043. The part number for the other is 491498.

Putting those numbers into festool.co.uk will give you pictures of both and descriptions of their intended functions.

Alternative answer

Fs1400 is the old style rail from years ago, it didn't have the glide strips or extra extrusion for fitting parallel guides etc, you do occasionally see them on the odd website if the pictures haven't been updated in a while, some firms do cheap copy rails in the same pattern.

Original rail

https://www.trade-tools.com/Festool-55-guide-rail-fs-1400-491498
The Fs1400/2 replaced the Fs1400 (hence the 2) and is now available with extra holes etc as mentioned above.

Alternative answer

Fs1400 is the old style rail from years ago, it didn't have the glide strips or extra extrusion for fitting parallel guides etc, you do occasionally see them on the odd website if the pictures haven't been updated in a while, some firms do cheap copy rails in the same pattern.

Original rail

https://www.trade-tools.com/Festool-55-guide-rail-fs-1400-491498
The Fs1400/2 replaced the Fs1400 (hence the 2) and is now available with extra holes etc as mentioned above.

I'd forgotten about that one Doug...! 😁

Did you notice that the photo in the link says Festo on the rail? That dates it a little.

I knew that Festo/Festool made that earlier version of the track,....I'd just forgotten about it as I assumed the OP wasn't referring to such an early version of the track.

I have a Rotex 150 dual action sander that is branded Festo from 2001 still going strong 👍

Back