TS-200 riving knife help!?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalejones

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so I've bought a second hand TS-200 which didn't come with a riving knife, I bought a riving knife from Axminster but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to line up with the blade, I'm not sure whether there's a spacer missing or if the ones I got are the right ones...
there were 3 rectangle shaped spacers on the 2 bolts that hold it in place, 2 are black and one is normal steel, if correct what order do they go on, I've tried all ways but can't get it to line up :(

I can't visualise the TS200 to that degree of detail, but on most TSs the RK mounting surface is machined to be co-planar with the arbour flange. So the sawblade goes on the spindle directly against its flange and the RK it mounted directly against its mounting surface too.

Have you tried that configuration? If so in what way was it not in line?

I can't help, but any chance you could post some pictures? I have a Kity which I think the TS200 was based upon, it too needs a riving knife fitting, so I'd like to be able to see whether the TS200 one will fit. Thanks!

I needed a selection of washers on my kity 419. Just a combination of thick and thin ones from tool station iirc. Start off without any and see how much it needs moving over by. Guess, see if it works out right, if not try another combo.

This is what it shows it has the 2 black rectangle spacers then the riving knife then the galv steel plate.. I tried this but it don't line up! :(

My riving knife is shimmed with plastic from 3 litre coke bottles, other soft drinks are available.

:D

Pete

I'm assuming you've checked that the riving knife matches the thickness of the blade kerf? If it's too thick you could do a bit of filing if you had to, a pita yes but simpler and cheaper than getting one specially made. It doesn't have to be perfectly co-planar side to side either.

Eriktheviking has a TS200 as well and iirc he had to muck about a bit with the riving knife, but he's out of the country atm so he won't be able to confirm his solution.

Edit: just had a thought.... when you say doesn't line up do you mean in line with the blade, as in - it's at an angle to that line? If so file down one of the black shims so it's a tiny bit wedge shaped, I'd be concerned about adding a "loose" shim of some type at the front and it working it's way out on a crucial cut.

Back