TS-200 Mitre Guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the exact shape and dimensions of the mitre guide slot on the Axminster TS-200 table saw.

Big Al":2hanm8hj said:
Can anyone tell me the exact shape and dimensions of the mitre guide slot on the Axminster TS-200 table saw.

It's 6mm deep, divided evenly between a 3mm 'T' bar at the bottom and 3mm sides where it's narrower.

Measuring mine, in the upper narrow section it's 15.4mm wide, in the bottom, wider section it's 18.6mm wide. I've heard it referred to as a 19mm slot before, though, so maybe there's some dust in there that got in the way of the measuring - I don't really use it, I use the sliding carriage instead.

(The runner on the mitre gauge that comes with it is significantly narrower and has lots of play.)

Hmm. Be careful about the 19mm/ 3/4" slot. That is the "standard" for aftermarket components and they don't fit the ts200 or kity 419 without modifications to the aftermarket parts.

marcros":3fpl146w said:
Hmm. Be careful about the 19mm/ 3/4" slot. That is the "standard" for aftermarket components and they don't fit the ts200 or kity 419 without modifications to the aftermarket parts.

As I understand it, the 'standard' is for a straight-sided 3/4" slot, or a 3/4" slot which perhaps opens up to a 1" T-slot at the bottom - the TS-200 has a T-slot which has a gap approaching 19mm at the bottom, but the narrower protruding sides would stop most 'standard' components from entering in the first place.

The only third-party accessory I've found which fit my TS-200's slot was a featherboard which came with a 5/8" runner... which I had to remove about half a millimetre of material from the side of before it ran smoothly.

Just found a local engineering firm that are willing to have ago at machining my TS-200 (When I buy it) to the standard 19 x 10 slot size which should then fit my Incra M1000 and all other standard slot goods, yipeeee. :p :p :p

Thanks Marcros, I intend to take the Incra slide bar for them to match when they do the machining.
Apparently, they have 16mm and 20mm tools so they are going to use the 16mm and then keep checking with the slide bar.

They tell me the cost is normaly £40 per hour but as he says it will not take anything like that, it will cost me a couple of beers for the machine operator, after the job of course. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I look forward to seeing the results and how long it takes. If they are happy to do another one, I may take the top of mine down to Sheffield for a short holiday. For an hours charge it would be worth it, for 3 hours prob not.

Back