Triton Compact Precision Plunge Router 1010WATT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billfarworth

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Anyone has been across this
Triton Compact Precision Plunge Router 1010WATT JOF001?
Triton any good as a Brand?
Anyway near to Makita Routers?

Looks like a new model to me, I have the original 1/2" 2500watt router and it has been used now for ten years.

So the stable it came from is good.

I have the TRA001, which is a nice machine but like most 2000W+ routers a bit big and bulky for handheld work, best in the table. The JOF001 looks like a nice little hand-held unit, much more versatile, although for that purpose I have a Draper Expert dual base router already. Ray Girling, who sometimes posts on these parts, has a comprehensive review of all the Triton range including the JOF001 - have a look here: http://www.raygirling.com/tnjof001.htm

Really good reviews there to be honest!
Do we know where Triton produce its routers?
Some other routers with less Watts seems to reach 24,000rpm this one with more Watts less 21,000rpm .
Why that?
Initially I was looking to purchase Makita RP1110C .
Price is triple really and obviously this is an issue!
Is this Triton or the 1400Watt one any near in terms of quality to the Makita RP1110C?

So phili.p in a way not matter the rpm but more important is the Watt for a router?
Forgive my question, not a professional!
Any feedback about the comparison between Makita RP1110C and this router?
Thanks

I made up a couple of hundred feet of dado with a 40mm ogee top and bottom - I was glad of a powerful, soft start variable speed router.
I inlaid a box using a 6mm cutter cutting .8mm deep - I was glad of a tiny lightweight.
It's horses for courses - you can't use huge cutters in a small router - you can use small cutters in a large one, but it's physical size will make it difficult ,if not impossible, to use in lots of situations.

Really phil.p not know what to decide.
The Makita RP1110C that I really like is far from my budget!
i do own couple of Makita tools and I have to say that is not like the old Makita tools that my Dad has but it is really good tools!
I don't own any tool from Triton so not have really a clue about them!
Not know even where they made their stuff and if there is any comparison with makita as brand.
If anyone could answer these questions for me I will appreciate!

Any feedback Guys?
If you was in myside you will keep your money and go for the Makita or the Triton Router is good tool?
Where is made please and let me know if it is professional or DIY?
finally is the lowest RPM will be an issue , or i should look for a router with higher RPM?
Many Thanks

I have the Triton MOF001 1/2-Inch 1400-Watt Dual-Mode Router. It's very well thought out and very well constructed. It's a professional tool. I think they are made in Australia (at least they used to be). Very pleased with it and highly recommended.

RogerP do you have any issue with the fact that it is lower in terms of RPM comparative with other brands?
I mean have you push it and hear the actual motor to be in problem?
hope you understand what I mean?
Does yous state made in Australia?

Well is does 21,000rpm which is fast enough for me. In fact I use larger cutters quite a lot so I'm setting much lower speeds most of the time. It more important that the machine's electronics maintain the set speed than what it's quoted to do flat out. Don't get too hung up on the numbers game :)

Hi, I have the 1400w triton mounted in A table at the moment and find it A great tool. You get A lot of tool for your £ as it has an above the table height winder attatchment (you can buy the actual winder for about £7,some kits come with the winder) you also can cut circles with A base that comes with it.To be honest I havent used it out of the table much (just A test run when I got it) but it seemed fine. .......As for the Makita ,you are talking about A profesional tool compared to the Triton which I would call A semi pro' tool but the price difference would push me towards the Triton(unless you are going to be using it 2-3 hours A day). I also have A small 900w makita (the older one) which I would use for hand held work and it's never gave me any problems either ! . . . .In my opinion I would go for the Triton,you wont be dissapointed. Phil

Ok I do understand Phil and I am with you!
the price difference make this tool really competitive comparative the makita one!
Please let me know if yours state as Made in Australia and not China

Back