Trend T11 router in an Axminister cast iron table?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aled Dafis

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm considering buying the above combo for the school workshop, but would like to know if anybody currently uses this combo, and whether it's possible to drill out the table to accommodate the "above the table" height adjuster.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... rod833058/

http://www.axminster.co.uk/trend-trend- ... rod719684/

If it's not possible, I may as well do for the Dewalt 625 router instead, as it's pretty much the same machine and not far off the baby Bosch router, cheaper.

Cheers

Aled

Hi Aled,
I don't have that combo but I do have a T11. I'm pretty sure it came with a paper template for setting out the mounting holes. The T11 and the DW625 are basically identical, they certainly have the same mounting hole pattern. The T11 has the big advantage of above the table adjustment, which I'm not sure you get with the 625.

Yes that's the improvement that I'm after in the T11, but I'm just wondering if the adjustment hole would interfere with any ribs in the casting. I guess not, as it's part of the base plate arrangement, so should be on a plain section.

Cheers

Aled

Hi Aled
I have the T11 mounted in a Record table which is identical to the Axminster table.
I dismantled the table and marked it out using the template, clamped it in the drill press and took it through with several passes using
larger drill each time to get a concentric hole.
It works really well and reduces set up time dramatically, the above table adjustment was the reason for buying the T11 over the 625.
I got mine at the D&M October show.

Chris

The system won't let me upload a PDF, but here's a PNG, from which you can take dimensions if you want to. I should say that in retrospect, I'd have made the winder hole a bit larger, so as to insert a 3/8" drive socket for a rechargeable drill.

If you want the PDF (prints accurately to A3), PM me...

t11-plate.png

Attachments

• t11-plate.png
    t11-plate.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 62
I've got an Elu 177 in the Ryobi version of this table, but in my case, the underside of the table was milled out by a local engineer to exactly fit the Elu. If you have access to engineering facilities, I'd strongly recommend this, as it avoids any problems with collet extensions etc, and you could still use the above table adjustment.

Latest posts

Back