Trend T11 Plunge Spring Tension - is it adjustable ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plug_it_in

Reaction score
:?:
Can anyone tell me if the plunge spring tension is adjustable on a Trend T11. I am using this on my woodrat and finding it very stiff to plunge cleanly and easily. I have oiled the rods and it made no real difference .

plug_it_in":1f6crzm3 said:
I have oiled the rods and it made no real difference .
Oil is a really bad thing to use on router plunge rods. Dust and shaving will stick to it and cause the plunging action to become stiffer and 'lumpy' giving you even greater problems with control.
Take it apart, clean it all off and use a dry lubricant like PTFE spray instead.

As far as I'm aware there's no provision to adjust the tension on Trend (formerly Elu/DeWalt) routers.

The T11 is the same as the old Elu 177, there is no means of adjustment, but you could remove one of the springs to make plunging easier.

you could always fit a lower rate spring? Several online sellers stock a wide range of springs sold in small quantities.

Springmaster, lee spring etc come to mind

Myfordman":3gujoyxb said:
you could always fit a lower rate spring? Several online sellers stock a wide range of springs sold in small quantities.
Trying to work out what size and rate would be needed isn't an easy task.

First step should be pull it apart and PROPERLY clean and lube it all, that usually sorts out most problems with routers IME.
Whilst that's being done you could measure and photograph the springs to help work out if a lower rate option is available, but buying springs is a bit of esoteric exercise.

Clean and lube first then , and then I will have some understanding of the spring and can take photos etc. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Think I will also contact Trend to see if they have any ideas or can send me the spring "specs"

Back