Trend Router?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haggis

Reaction score
My local B&Q has a "trend" router for £80. Its model number is TR127. I don't recognise this as a Trend ref number although it has Trend labeled all over it. Its power is 2050W, but looks as though it only has 40mm plunge depth. Does anyone know if this is an actual Trend and if this is a good buy.

Haggis

Gary":3r9n3a6n said:
I take it this is the machine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TREND-2050W-PLUNG ... dZViewItem

(Not my sale mods!)

If it is save your £80 and put it to a decent machine.

Gary

Who's he trying to kid?

He says in the description "only been used a couple of times for in store demonstration"

No way is he going to demo it with the fence that way round :lol:

I've got one of those ................ great bit of kit ..................... best door stop ever :D

On a more serious note save the money and buy a better router ..............I wish I had
:oops:

Thanks guys. The message is very clear. Thought a Trend at this price was too good to be true. I'll pass on this one and save my pennies for something worthwhile.

Haggis

I had one of these when they had the Power pro badge on and it is dogsh**t. I still have it and as has been stated use it as a doorstop. too much slop in the columns base not perfectly round and guide bush out of whack. It also has the silly person switch for off and on which is a pain in the derry aire. :wink: But a good one, you won't regret it.

Many of the people on this forum will say it is a good router I gather but I own one and am not impressed with it. I also have the De Walt 615 and two Elu 96s which this is a loose copy of and they are by far better made. I found the plunge on this router to be rough in comparison and the lack of screws holding the base plate on a pain. (It is bonded) Having said that it is one of the better quality small routers to be had. Personally I would go for a little more up market IMHO but others may well disagree.

Oh almost forgot to mention, if you look on e-bay there are often still Elu's for sale (brand new) I got one when I thought my old one had given up the ghost (that's another story) and I got one with an 8mm collet for around £80 so worth a look. They cannot be beaten for value for money and pure quality of build for a small router. I was so impressed I now have two of them. :lol:

Hi Roger

Roger Sinden":3dta6nt1 said:
Surprised the Trend legal eagles aren't on the case. Blatant example of 'passing off'.

IIRC, Trend did some deal with B&Q to allow the routers to be "badged". All of the maintenance was to be handled by B&Q.

I don't think Trend will be doing it again. :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

Don't buy the 'Trend' router from B&Q...when you need a spare part Trend will tell you that it has nothing to do with them and when you speak to B&Q that can't offer any help because that product is not listed for spare parts in their manuals!!! I learnt this from bitter experience.

I then had to spend more money on a Triton from a Triton dealer.

Back