Treatex UV Resistant Oil- anyone used it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wood Butcher

Established Member
Reaction score
All in the title really, I need a finish for oak windows and at the moment they are finished with Osmo UV Oil +. Looks great but its peeling off the sills. Osmo actually say on their website that its not suitable for horizontal surfaces and they are not wrong, I just hadn't seen that page on the website...

So I've come across Treatex's version but since I hadn't heard of Treatex before I wondered if anyone had used it?

I don't think I've used the UV Resistant oil however I have used theirHard Wax Oil and it is very good. I used it to coat out kitchen surfaces (beech) and with 2-3 coats it has only just started to reduce in effectiveness after around 5-6 years and then only on the very heavily used area around the sink, Mainly this is just because I just fail to get around to a quick refresh sooner. By a refresh I mean a quick touch up with 400 paper and re-coat.

It maybe that the UV resistant is just a rebrand of their existing oil??? But either way I would have no issue recommending it - after all I've just used it to coat my wife's fish tank support and I really hope not to have to touch that for some considerable number of years ! :)

Miles

+1 for their harwax oil. we were recommended to use it on our oak flooring and it seems to be extremely tough and shows no sign of wear. We've also used it on work surfaces and it is standing up very well.

Misterfish

Back