Trailer Wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I know it's a long shot, but is anyone considering selling a trailer?

Ideally a twin axle 8x4 or 8x5 flatbed (with drop sides), general purpose or even a plant trailer.

I'm based in South Wales but would certainly travel to collect if it's worth my while.

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Dick,

Thanks for your offer, it's much appreciated.

Unfortunately a 7x4 / 600kg trailer is bit too small for our needs, and in any case Aberdeenshire would be quite a trek from down here! Shame because that's a cracking price.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi chaps,

I'm still looking...

Preferably a 8x5 twin-axle braked general purpose trailer.

Cheers,
Mark

Can't help Mark but as you've found out they are sought after. I've seen a number of them go on ebay but they fetch decent prices, After retiring recently I thought about selling mine, an Ifor Williams GD4 which is exactly what you describe, carries an 8x4 sheet easily and payload of 2 tonnes and a decent one goes from around £700 upwards but the cost of a new smaller one made me decide to keep it.

Hope you find one and if you do, make sure you have adequate security arrangements including locking while on your vehicle as they are targeted and stolen to order.

Bob

Hi Bob,

The only trailers I've seen for around £700 round here have been barely road-worthy, yet the reasonable condition used trailers are going for silly money.

I'm now seriously considering a new one from Indespension as they currently have 20% off their entire range, bringing the price down from £1775 ex VAT to £1420 ex VAT, and as we're VAT registered it's a substantial saving. They will even waive the £95 delivery charge for me.

Whatever route I ultimately take I'll definitely sort out some security. The towbar fitters suggest both a good motorbike chain passed through the A-frame and locked to something solid on my my van, and an insurance-approved hitch lock.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark

Have you looked at Phoenix trailers Bridgnorth ?

Don't know what prices are like and I'm not a customer I just know they're reasonably local to me.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yep, I've checked out Phoenix but they're more expensive than Indespension and delivery will be a while and I can't wait.

Cheers,

Mark

I think you're right Mark, it might be the ones I saw were in poor condition, it was about 6 months ago. The only decent one I can see on ebay is in my neck of the woods at £1400 so better off buying new as you say.

I was followed twice when on jobs by unsavoury characters who asked if I wanted to sell which is why I lock it on to my vehicle as well. There was a friend of mine who had his stolen from a pub carpark while he was in for lunch a few years ago. At home I keep mine well out of sight with the hitch locked and 2 heavy chains padlocked around a tree.

Bob

I had two stolen in twelve months, the second one had a wheel and a hitch lock. I could have locked it around a tree but was worried because it was a on a road and if someone tripped ... It was a 750kg so not tiny - it was picked up in two minutes on a low loader at 4am. Swmbo kicked up because I should have locked it to the tree, but realistically it would have taken six people at least to throw the thing up on truck quickly and silently - there is no way they wouldn't have had a bolt cropper. I spoke to another PC at 10am - he said it would already have been sold ... somewhere in the midlands.

Back