• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

trading standards advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like you to repair both of these faults within a week or I would like you to refund my money and I will ask someone to do the work who is able to.

Please respond to my complaint/complete the work in the next 14 days
Hi DW

I find that contradictory and would probably be confusing. Idiots don't know how to write a decent letter, or didn't proof read it properly before publishing

Just my opinion!

Bob

DIY Stew

Established Member
Reaction score
Lons":2ed3gayw said:
I would like you to repair both of these faults within a week or I would like you to refund my money and I will ask someone to do the work who is able to.

Please respond to my complaint/complete the work in the next 14 days
Hi DW

I find that contradictory and would probably be confusing. Idiots don't know how to write a decent letter, or didn't proof read it properly before publishing

Just my opinion!

Bob
I'm with Bob on this one.

If this letter was produced in court I think the judge would be as confused as Bob and myself!

Stew

woodshavings

Established Member
Reaction score
The letter is a bit contradictory but it would not effect the likely success if the trader was taken to Court because the fault was not fixed.
John

nanscombe

Established Member
Reaction score
It does only say "repair both these faults within a week" rather than "within the next week".

In theory you could reply in 13 days saying "I'll repair it next week" or "I've got a week free to repair it next year".