Tracksaw compatability

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeElms

Established Member
Reaction score
Specifically, can anyone confirm (or not) whether a Scheppach PL75 tracksaw is compatible with the Lidl tracksaw track ?

I have searched the forum and the internet, and can't find anything that gives this information. I have hoping that someone, somewhere had produced a table that indicates which saw works with which track, but if it exists, I can't find it.

The PL75 looks to be a much bigger saw (75mm Vs Parkside 55mm). The Parkside seems to be in the Triton and Yamaha group of clones. Apparently, the Festool track works with the Parkside. Which saw do you have?

Might be better to ask the question that way around...

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

75mm cut depth! thats a hell of a saw for a track saw. I figuired 55m would be plenty for me since the thickest I planned to use it for was 40mm worktops, but a bit jealous now lol

Also which other manufacturers tracks will the PL55 run on...I've got the two 700mm tracks but might be interested in a single long track if I could find one at a good price?..any ideas?

Makita seem to the be the cheapest for tracks usually but festool can be had for less IF you find a good sale deal. I have mentioned it before but I got a 1400 festool track for £42 using a good sale deal and voucher code, I think thats about as good as you will ever get.

Marcros
At those prices, I wonder why anyone would bother messing around connecting 2 shorter rails, or even bother with festool rails at all. Anyone actually ordered any of these and can comment on the service?

Mark

Thread drift. OP is asking about track compatibility not affordability. Can anyone advise on the original question?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

On the same Schppach track....with the 700mm tracks are there supposed to be two joint bars, or just one?

I just received a new saw and there's only one bar to join the two tracks together but in most of the pics for other brands they seem to use two bars to join the tracks together.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

The Bear":1h1ds9uu said:
Marcros
At those prices, I wonder why anyone would bother messing around connecting 2 shorter rails, or even bother with festool rails at all. Anyone actually ordered any of these and can comment on the service?
I would love to order a 3m rail from them at that price, but I'm certain that the chances of it arriving here in a usable condition are close to zero.

i dont know. the Germans are usually pretty good at packing things properly, so you may have half a chance.

pcb1962":qblpgdou said:
The Bear":qblpgdou said:
Marcros
I would love to order a 3m rail from them at that price, but I'm certain that the chances of it arriving here in a usable condition are close to zero.
Bear in mind those rails only have a single 'rib' i.e. no slotted rib/t-track so no chance of using any accessories like rail stops or parallel guides, or any home-made jigs that reference off that second rib. Would render them significantly less useful - and is at least one reason why you might consider Festool
and Makita rails. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

I have a pl75. Did have a lidl track saw a while. If i remember correctly the pl75 is too big for the lidl track. I haven't found any its compatable with.

Back