Tools donations for charity.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charvercarver

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here knows of anywhere/one that donates tools to charities?

The place where I volunteer http://www.thebutterflygarden.org has a popular woodworking program that could do with some upgraded equipment. Especially a bandsaw and scroll saw.

Cheers, Jon.

There is Tools with a Mission and Tools for Self Reliance

Both worthwhile and apparently effectively organised.

Well I'm not religious but am putting together a box of stuff I can do without for Tools with a Mission, which is a Baptist charity I believe, on the basis they will do more good there than sitting in a box unused with me.

If anyone feels like "flaming" me then please explain.

Thanks for the replies, I was there today as it happens. I tried changing a blade on the scroll saw and found out one of the side clamps doesn't work so I can only used pinned blades. Then the one pinned blade thats there broke. :roll: I think the bloke who bought in the saw brings blades in with him when comes in on thursdays, luckily I'm in tomorrow so I can replace the blade before it is missed. Still be nice to not have to use pinned blades. :D

Frank S:

Sent!

Modernist:

Thank you for the tips, I'll go and check them out now.

theartfulbodger:

I did see that site but it said they were only accepting applications from Uganda and Kenya I think. Why were you flammed for suggesting them? Thanks for the compliment, but Chris Evans, the man who runs it, is who deserves the credit. He even won a pride of Gloucestershire award a year ago. :)

Back