Tool Handles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Castanea

Established Member
Reaction score
This year at Woodworks in Daventry I picked up a few unhandled Ashley Isles tools. I already had a couple of pairs of thread chasers which needed handles so I've been knocking out handles here and there ever since. I finished one in ash yesterday so thought I'd take a picture of some of them. They're a pleasure to turn, make my tools easier to tell apart and cost me nothing. The one with the staining on the end was just a piece taken from the firewood stack, the rest are bits of cherry, ash and bog oak mostly from logs which are a bit split so not much good for anything wider. The brass ferules are from Ashley Isles, the copper ones are just copper water pipe cut into 18mm lengths. The first ones were just waxed but I've started putting a couple of coats of sanding sealer on followed by a thin coat of acrylic lacquer.

Tools-2.jpg

Tools-4.jpg

Attachments

• Tools-2.jpg
    Tools-2.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 728
  • Tools-4.jpg
    Tools-4.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 728
Nice work. I got some heavy carbon steel scrapers today without handles so I'll be doing something similar soon.

Back