Tool chests

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank S

Established Member
Reaction score
Go on to wimp.com and look at the finest tool chest ever made.
This will blow your mind !!!!

FWW have offered a poster of this for many years. It's ingenious, but I'm going to be an absolute hypocrite (I haven't the skills Studley had) and say that some of the tool positioning is counter-intuitive? Might just be different priorities for piano makers? Ducking, running for cover, tin hat, Sam

You're not alone, Sammie; a few people have remarked that the Studley chest is wonderful to look at, but they wouldn't want to have to work from it. I agree. I'd go with C A Jewett's chest as a more workable "Studley".

When im decided i have all the tools i will need and im sure im going to make something similar to Jewetts chest

The Studley Cabinet is a true masterpiece, I wish I had the skill to build something like this (and the tool collection to fill it).

I had an image of this cabinet as my desktop background for a while, I never tired of looking at it.

Does anybody have any info on the maker? apart from that he was a piano maker. Was he some kind of master/foreman/supervisor and built the cabinet to show off his skills, or did he just have lots of time on his hands? I'm guessing that the wood came from offcuts of the pianos he built.

Cheers

Aled

Agreed Alf; the tale wrapped round it is entertaining too.

Aled, H.O. Studley is well documented, even before Saint Norm got a programme out of it. Stick it into Guggle, there used to be a pdf kicking about of an FWW article on it, detailng the ASmithsonian taking it apart, cleaning it etc. EDIT:::: http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmu ... tudley.htm

Sam

PS I want to change my moniker to the more masculine, SammyQ - anybody know how I can do it wivvout the palaver of the server/software assigning me a 'newbie' status?

SammieQ":1dedp8kl said:

Aled, H.O. Studley is well documented, even before Saint Norm got a programme out of it. Stick it into Guggle, there used to be a pdf kicking about of an FWW article on it, detailng the ASmithsonian taking it apart, cleaning it etc. EDIT:::: http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmu ... tudley.htm

Sam

PS I want to change my moniker to the more masculine, SammyQ - anybody know how I can do it wivvout the palaver of the server/software assigning me a 'newbie' status?
Sam,

I think you would have to approach the mods to change your display name. A lot depends on the kind of server that the Forum uses. On some fora I belong to, there is an option in settings to change your display name yourself, but not on this one it seems!

By the way, I had an idea what stercoraceous meant, but in the context you use it, I think it should be preceded by the classification Bovine! :lol: :lol:

Regards
John

Benchwayze":31td01d2 said:
SammieQ":31td01d2 said:

Sam

Sam,

I think you would have to approach the mods to change your display name. A lot depends on the kind of server that the Forum uses. On some fora I belong to, there is an option in settings to change your display name yourself, but not on this one it seems!

By the way, I had an idea what stercoraceous meant, but in the context you use it, I think it should be preceded by the classification Bovine! :lol: :lol:

Regards
John
In case anyone is wondering I think they mean "bullshit"

Brian

In case anyone is wondering I think they mean "dung"
Brian[/quote]
What I actually wrote was bulls**t but it got edited
Brian

brihol":2pobp7rn said:
In case anyone is wondering I think they mean "dung"
Brian
What I actually wrote was bulls**t but it got edited
Brian[/quote]

Okay then... Most of my Latin is fundamental or plain just 'made-up'! So...Bovinus Mascularis Excreta ! Either way, it applies to Politicians anywhere! :lol:

John :wink:

Back