tool chest for some hand tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houtslager

Established Member
Reaction score
well, after wearing out a couple totes, I decided to get my act together and make a chest based on an old English chest for my hand tools.
:oops: After gathering my hand tools, I made the chest too small for everything, might have to
1; sell some of my least used hand tools
2; or make a second, to stack on top when travelling ?????

so here you go guys, a couple pics of it, and its contents

Attachments

• IMG_20150204_173233.jpg
    IMG_20150204_173233.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 251
Nice chest, but it's no wonder you can't fit everything in! How many bench planes do you need?!!

Inspiration!!
Hope you don't mind if I nick some ideas for my chest.(When I start it!)
What are the dimensions?

Bod

Ah interesting I can see a Alpha square in the chest, a square within a square.
Complements on the chest nice job, but with all those planes I would hate to try and carry it.
Definitely one just for the shop. Well done.

Billy wrote
Definitely one just for the shop. Well done.

yep, just got to choose/find one in a country where I can find work. None that pays a good wage here in Germany, and little work to be had in Amjam, and in the Cotswolds there seems to be loads of bespoke makers, but no luck yet, so if anyone needs or knows a vacancy for a maker/joiner, post a pm.

DTR wrote
How many bench planes do you need?!!

a few, but when a user crosses my path, looks in order and is cheap, I can't resist it :lol: :oops: the doubles are set at 50 / 52* for those difficult timbers like Wenge, burr oak and other pippers :wink:

Back