Today's F1 Race

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Perrin

Established Member
Reaction score
Did anyone enjoy the F1 GP Today !

2 for the price of one in my mind.

The main event featuring the Mercedes Team and the supporting event featuring the remainder of the teams.

:D Vic :D

Yep I'm a long term fan Vic.

Definitely more excitement this season so far than the last few.

I feel sorry for Nico but Louis showed his skill and experience yet again in fending him off.

Bob

I used to watch, about 30 years ago, but then it all got a bit boring with little "racing" going on. These days I only watch the Isle of Man TT. However I did see a race with some Spanish teenagers on 125s which was probably the most exciting race I've seen in years. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a regular thing on free-view. I can't fault the professionalism (generally) of F1 but I think the whole thing is a bit too professional and commercial. At least with the road racers on bikes the riders are quite often normal blokes with extra-ordinary skills, even if it is the more wealthy teams who win.

I enjoyed the race. It was fun to watch Nico chase Lewis down at the end. If there'd been a few more laps it would have been a different result. Also good to watch the Ferrari's battle it out lower down the order. It is unfortunate that Merc are dominating in the way that Red Bull have done for the past few years. Thankfully Nico and Lewis are well matched and they're being allowed to race each other. Good to see that when they're in evenly matched cars most of the drivers can compete with each other.

Also nice to see Williams get some points.

I like F1 too. But what has become apparent to me, (if I hadn't already formed the opinion) is that most of the drivers are pretty well equal in terms of ability. The only differences? The ascendency of the cars and technology. This advantage moves between teams, according the amount of cash available. But it is refreshing to see Red Bull having a bit of a struggle!

Back