To whom it may concern - personal attacks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
The forum rules are contained at the top of each forum.

Please note that personal attacks will not be tolerated and will result in a, minimum, of a one-month ban.

Neil

Whilst I agree you have no choice to slap Jacob's hand, I sincerely hope he doesn't get the hump and fail to return.

When he manages to put aside the ego trip of being better than us beginners, he is a really interesting and informative poster. I particually like his cynicism regarding "toys" most of us lot love aquiring. We need an alternative viewpoint.

So, Jacob... please come back when you are released from cyber jail.

I can't help thinking if some members could resist responding in kind perhaps it wouldn't be so much fun and the temptation wouldn't be there...

Not an excuse, just an observation.

Cheers, Alf

So can you tell me why the thread has been removed Neil?
I thought I put I put a very valid case defending my own position, which I hoped would maybe stop some of the throwaway comments I keep reading, and now it's gone, putting me back to square one...
Far more damning posts remain on this forum, so why does this one get taken down? Who asked for it to be done?

Andy

Hi Andy

andy king":16ygtoqb said:
So can you tell me why the thread has been removed Neil?

I took the action to remove the whole thread as I didn't have the time to edit/delete the various attacks.

When I have a spare hour I will go through it and see if it can be edited. :wink:

Cheers,
Neil

Neil,

Nahh don't bother.
If you remove some it will read strange.
Anyway we did it to death.
Whilst the origins made a valid point I wasn't very impressed where people lined up to get in a kick. The site is a better place without it.

ModEdit Newbie_Neil

I'm sorry? What demands are these?
As for 'popping up' - I was a member of this forum for a number of years, and made postings on a regular basis, as older members will hopefully attest. Why I chose to no longer post is no business of yours, and I am perfectly within my rights to defend myself when it is implied that I do not know my job, which is why I rejoined so don't throw around accusations around without foundation.
And 'do my job on time?' Did I say it was my job to edit a feature, or are you actually employed by the same company as me and can tell me it is my job? It isn't, but I have input in the magazine, and would have said it was dangerous had I seen it.
Again, conclusions being made with no hard fact.
Andy

Andy,

Like I said I know who you are and know you once contributed to the forum.

I apologise if I misunderstood your role in the magazine.
However as soon as the thread in question arose my thoughts was "this is the "fault" of the editoral team, not Tony".

No one from the Mag turned up to say sorry on behalf of the mag.
The first time a Mag staffer (you) showed their face it was to defend their "own" honour.

You know it seems that a large number of the posts that pop up these days are from people with plenty of opinion but little to back them up with by way of fact or evidence. If not that then there's always the mafia of "pros" who know best and who derive great pleasure, it seems, from denigrating other less pedestrian professionals. To be honest I think I've just about had enough of the nonsense that goes on around these parts. I think I might just stay away in future.
Mike

tis a shame it was not just stopped and blocked from new comments.

there is a fine line between outright abuse and being "direct" and it would seem that all of us overstepped the mark in that direction.

i for one apologise if i made personal attacks that were not directly related to the specific subject rather than the person.

:oops: however as i have said before in the pub or similar setting we all get a little carried away. this is both the advantage and disadvantage of emails.

part of the value of this site is the to and fro banter and all of us occasionally speak first and think later but in general i was amazed at the amount of comments about the negatives when many of us feel the overall attitude is one of being totally positive.

paul :wink:

BUt you assume that the 'team' read the forum.
I do, the 'rest of the team' ie. the editor and the art editor, do not. I made a decision not to post a few months back and resigned accordingly, so I couldn't post if I wanted to. I chose to join for reasons of defence, and I also clarified my own opinion.
Feel free to post about the mag or me, but please do some homework first.
Andy

PS. I'm with you Mike, but I have to go to a funeral now, so you can fight amongst yourselves for the rest of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back