Titan bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhannah

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else has a similar problem with the titan (rebadged ryobi) bandsaw?

I have fitted a new blade and increased the blade tension as much as possible, but there still seems to be about 4mm too much slack in the blade and it doesn't sit in between the guides. (I have pushed the pins right back).

I say 4mm because if I trap the 4mm allen key bewteen the blade and the wheel then it tensions nicely and pulls the blade right into the middle of the guides.

Any suggestions? I don't think it is related to the quick-release tension lever - I know some titans had an issue with this not being set correctly, but mine always worked perfectly out of the box.

I wonder if anyone else has a similar problem with the titan (rebadged ryobi) bandsaw?

I have fitted a new blade and increased the blade tension as much as possible, but there still seems to be about 4mm too much slack in the blade and it doesn't sit in between the guides. (I have pushed the pins right back).

I say 4mm because if I trap the 4mm allen key bewteen the blade and the wheel then it tensions nicely and pulls the blade right into the middle of the guides.

Any suggestions? I don't think it is related to the quick-release tension lever - I know some titans had an issue with this not being set correctly, but mine always worked perfectly out of the box.
Hi there
I would say if you have problems with stock blades...(more likely cheap Chinese rubbish)....get in touch with tuffsaws....they will make custom blades or have a decent one to start with off shelf....they are reasonable too.
It’s always better to get them made from quality steel..
Hope this helps.

My quick release lever does/did nothing. I've had the saw for a couple of years now.

I put a new blade back in recently 62"/1575mm and it was fine, much better than the stock blade.

I can't add much else other than check the blade is the same size?

Thanks for the replies.
I have been using tuffsaws blades.

So this saw is a rebadged Ryobi - and checking the specs for that saw, it says the blade should be 1572mm.

So a question for the titan users - does your blade sit neatly in the middle of the guides or is it quite far to the right-hand side?

My quick release lever does/did nothing. I've had the saw for a couple of years now.

I put a new blade back in recently 62"/1575mm and it was fine, much better than the stock blade.

I can't add much else other than check the blade is the same size?

I have heard many people say this, but strangely mine works ok.
When you remove the blade you can lift the top wheel out of the machine and can see the cam that should push the wheel assembly down - I wonder if the cam is just upside down?

Guess it depends on the model. It does nothing either way, maybe fixed in the more recent ones? Can't say.

It's fine otherwise once I adapted the fence. See here: Bandsaw drift Be interesting to know if your fence is the same or if they've fixed that too.

Been using it the last few days for example and really can't complain. Once it breaks or becomes a problem I'll happily upgrade to a better machine, but for the price it's doing me well.

Back