Tips for a trip to Devon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wabbitpoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know any interesting places to visit (re: wood turning!) in Devon? Off there next week so would welcome any recommendations. Hoping to pop into Axminster's at some point, but other than that I have no leads.

TIA

There is a place at Bovey Tracey that has some excellent turning and craft done by the Devon Craft Guld. You stumble accross all sorts of interesting places down Devon way. There is a good museum and gallery at Bideford and if you can get down to St Ives it is well worth going. Also there is the Eden Procet in Cornwall.

I'm in Plymouth if your coming this way, your welcome to pop in for a cuppa.

thank you to both of u

I have just noticed that the show at Yandles is on, and its not a huge deviation from the M5 on our way to Tiverton, so looks like all my holiday spends are accounted for!

the Eden Project What a dissapointment. The price charged on the door was totally unqualified. £23.00 per adult. There was nothing to see that special in fact our garden has got more growth and interest that this place. The rain forrest was about the only interesting thing. The meditteranean section was awful. But the worst part was the building called the Core. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY. The main "attraction" in there is a lump of stone calleda Seed

wizard":1kny5t1g said:
the Eden Project What a dissapointment. The price charged on the door was totally unqualified. £23.00 per adult. There was nothing to see that special in fact our garden has got more growth and interest that this place. The rain forrest was about the only interesting thing. The meditteranean section was awful. But the worst part was the building called the Core. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY. The main "attraction" in there is a lump of stone calleda Seed

Sounds like you missed a lot of the place if you only did the Core and the domes. There is a lot in the grounds to see and whether or not it is of interest depends really on whether you are into environmental things as the place is a charity that is run to fund investment and research in that area, something I think a lot of people are unaware of. I used to get a local season ticket for a tenner for the year when I lived in Cornwall and popped in quite often and always found something of interest.

Pete

Back