Timber Suppliers in East Lothian

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkB

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good timber merchant in the East Lothian or Edinburgh areas?

There are lots of merchants supplying building materials, but I wanted someone who could sell me some sawn boards of hardwood for furniture making.

In fact, alongside Lanarkshire Hardwoods (from where I purchased some lovely Scottish walnut a couple of years ago), try the ASHS website (Association Scottish Hardwood Sawmillers) who have quite a list of, well, you get the idea.

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Mark

I am based in Glenrothes and I mill all my own timber for furniture making. My current stock includes beech, spalted beech, oak, yew, silver birch, cherry, ash and possibly one or 2 others I have forgotten about. All my timber is kiln dried in a variety of thicknesses up to a length of about 8' max. I also have full workshop facilities to crosscut to fit in your car or rip it down the middle if needs be. I am open at night and at weekends also if this suits you better. You can PM me for my mobile no if you want to chat.

Mike

There was one or two in East Lothian but they have sadly ceased trading. Airfield Sawmill situated behind Pencaitland was my favourite, run by a cabinet maker called Sean (IIRC).

Acewoodturner:

Sounds like you have a good setup. Could I trouble you for your contact details?

Hi mark you could try Abbey st Bathans sawmill Scottish Borders I have his number somewhere if you want it

Green":tlviefh5 said:
There was one or two in East Lothian but they have sadly ceased trading. Airfield Sawmill situated behind Pencaitland was my favourite, run by a cabinet maker called

Acewoodturner:

Sounds like you have a good setup. Could I trouble you for your contact details?

Airfield Sawmill is still operating -- I just bought some Oak there less than 2 months ago.

Right now I'm sending this from a Samsung tablet and I'm not very conversant with it.
I'll re-post from my laptop 2moro with more contact details.

In my earlier post I said Airfield is still in business ~ and it certainly was at my last visit . . . but "Green" may know something that I don't.

In any case, here's how to find the location of where they were (hopefully still are?) ---

Contact details :

Angus & Mack Ltd
2 Airfield Workshops, Cousland, Dalkeith, Midlothian EH22 2PE
01875 321123

If you go on to Google maps and in the search line type :- Angus & Mack Ltd and click the search button it should show you a map with the pink indicator pin directly on their premises. (I've just done that and it worked for me.)

Hope this helps.

Back