Timber Mill has moved! - www.thetimbermill.com

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just been up to visit the TimberMill just north of Romsey Hampshire and they seem to have gone out of business. Another recession victim perhaps?

Having found these guys a couple of years back, they had become my regular supplier.
Today is my first day of retirement and I'm planning to do much more woodwork and my favorite supplier is no more. BugR!

Any recommendations for another good hardwood supplier in sw hampshire/se Wiltshire?

Cheers

Bob

9fingers":1sidkfix said:
I've just been up to visit the TimberMill just north of Romsey Hampshire and they seem to have gone out of business. Another recession victim perhaps?

Having found these guys a couple of years back, they had become my regular supplier.
Today is my first day of retirement and I'm planning to do much more woodwork and my favorite supplier is no more. BugR!

Any recommendations for another good hardwood supplier in sw hampshire/se Wiltshire?

Cheers

Bob

Can't help you with the timber, but all the best for your retirement Bob...couple more years to go for me - Rob

pipper! I was going to go there this afternoon!

Bamptons and Paul Goulden it is then

Aidan

I Phoned a few weeks ago and the Woman said they were in the middle of 'moving the business" gave no indication that there was any problems, I also noticed at that time the web site was down.
They could be difficult to track down at times, you could try the NT at Mottisfont who I think may have been the Timber mills landlord and see if any one knows what's become of them?

Mike

Oh dear that is sad - I have bought from them a few times and they were reasonably local to me.
The owner has listed his phone number and address in Winchester on their web page (01962 851518).

So for raw timber that leaves Paul Goulden at Stoke who I find very good to deal with but with not as much choice as Timber Mill.
Then there is Wests at Petworth but a further trek from me.

Rod :(

Rob,

Thanks for your good wishes.

You are not too far away from me in Salisbury so I wonder where you get your wood supplies from?

Bob

Have a long retirement Bob and may you enjoy it as much as I do.

Roy.

You could try East Brothers in West Dean. They prefer large orders but will sell small amounts if you give advanced notice. Prices are pretty good.

Here's wishing you many happy hours of
woodworking in your retirement Bob. :D

Best wishes for your retirement Bob. I was in the same position three years ago and haven't had any regrets since. You can now get on with all the important things in your life

Jeff

9fingers":iqjjc9qb said:
Rob,

Thanks for your good wishes.

You are not too far away from me in Salisbury so I wonder where you get your wood supplies from?

Bob
I've been to see Paul Goulden a couple of times who is very good...all air dried stuff at reasonable prices. Otherwise, I get odd n'ends of stuff at Yandles when there's a show on. It's difficult 'cos there doesn't appear to be a decent timber yard in the Salisbury area. I think the next load of timber I need for a project may well come from Interesting Timbers which isn't too far to go for me - Rob

Best wishes to your retirement.

Regarding timber, I would team up with some local members and place an order for a number of different timbers to be delivered to a local address and members then break out the consignment.

To travel a hundred miles plus a return with a heavy load is uneconomical so a carriage charge I find better these days.

Thanks once again for the further good wishes.

Retirement day 2 brings good news from John at the Timbermill www.thetimbermill.com
Apparently they had some trouble (unspecified) with their landlord (NT) and have relocated their business in Arlesford which is east of Winchester.

It is a bit further for me to travel but if their service/stock is as good as it used to be then it will be worth it. Paul Goulden is about the same distance for me so I'll possibly try them too.

Bob

Excellent ! That's within striking distance for me if I need any more timber :oops: :lol:

Used to go to Arlesford a lot for WJT Crafts before they retired, did all the woodturning stuff and blanks there at the time, run by Les Thorne's folks.

Lovely drive to get there which I've missed as haven't had much reason to go there since, until now :D

Cheers, Paul :D

Hi' enjoy your retirement 9fingers..Spend the days doing what you
want within reason :lol:..Laws still apply to us retired members..
Nothing better than a good walk round timber yard or
a reclamation yard to get the juices flowing..

From a fellow south Hampshire retiree - thanks for sorting this out 9fingers.

I don't buy a lot of wood but I really liked The Timber Mill and was saddened to see it's disappearance.
Really pleased to see that he has just moved across the county a bit.

David :D :D

Latest posts

Back